Newbie Question about 129

kenny9966

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 6, 2004
Stillwater Oklahoma
I was wondering if I could use a dish 500 Satellite with a dp dual lnb to pick up the 129(POS) or 61.5 Satellite Location. I recently got a dp plus lnb so can i just aim the dish 500 at 129 connect that to the plus lnb that looks at 110/119? I figured this would work but what would i set the skew on the dish 500 just lookin at 129 or 61.5? Any help would greatly be appreciated.-Thanks

Skew should be 90 degrees (horizonal). It works fine, I have my old Dish 500 looking at 61.5 with the 110 lnb. 119 is not even connected.

does it matter if the old lnbf has the built in switch? In other words there are 2 outputs from the lnb(for 2 tvs, i only use one) and they both get access to 110 and 119. Does that make a problem?

Dish Network Installer here

So you have right now 500 with DPP twin shooting at 119*.. 110* and
you have additional 500 dish with Duel lnb to shoot at 61.5*? This is for HD I take it?

61.5* is better and higher in the sky.. nothing to worry about ever for LOS ... well I guess that depends on where your located.. hrmmm..

well as jim stated
skew is 90

So you can use one of the old dish 500 twin lnbs, you don't need a dish pro lnb?

For the second dish aimed at 129 or 61.5 (assuming the first is a D500 with a DPP Twin pointed at 119/110) the LNB must be DP (a single or dual is preferred, but a twin could work) - the older LNB's (what we call Legacy) will not work for this setup. The older LNB's will either have nothing printed on them or have Dish Network imprinted. The new stuff will say specifically DP (Dish Pro) or DPP (Dish Pro Plus). To reiterate, you can't run a legacy LNB feed into the SAT IN port of the DPP Twin (nor a DP-34 or DPP-44 switch); the feed must be DP.

Thanks for the advice, The only reason i was going with 129 is fox sports southwest in hd but will definately go with 61.5 now. Too many horror stories with 129. One more question do i need to cover up one of the lnb's with tinfoil if im just usin one of them to point at 61.5? Im afraid if i have both ill get mixed signals on both. Thanks in advance. Plan on doing this next weekend or whenever it stops raining here 16 days straight.Yes Meited ice that is my exact setup.

No, you don't have to cover an LNB.

However, I thought you said that you have a "DP Dual LNB" - that only has one LNB - the "Dual" refers to "Dual outputs" (two connectors).

Ok my dp dual which is what i think it is, is a one piece lnb that gets both 110 and 119 and has two connectors for 2 receivers/tvs. So i believe that is a dual lnb. im confused.

Duals are LNBs that pick up one orbital, but have two outputs. Best indicator is the fact it has one "eye" on it.

Twins are LNBS that pick up two orbitals and have two outputs (and "eyes"). The switching is internalized. Like a dual, it too has two outputs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)