newbie question about Setanta sports

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

celtic1888

Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
Hi,
i was wondering if anyone had any info on if Setanta sports is available free to air? i believe it is on Intelsat Americas 5 at 97°W. i was told that it was but i am not sure. any info would be great.
thanks,
bobo

Last edited by a moderator:
hi,
thanks for answering my question. i am in canada so i don't think i can subscribe. i'll check into it.
thanks again,
bobo

Considering all the people who've managed to subscribe to BEV and StarChoice from the US, and all the people who've managed to subscribe to DirecTV and Dish from Canada, and fought all those battles...
...oh, and all four in Mexico, too!
A lot of threads have been posted on the subject.

I'd say subscribing to Globecast would be trivial...
They let you pre-pay for a number of months.
There is no discount on multiple receivers, so there is no account-sharing, so they're not paranoid about that...
I haven't seen any posts on the subject, so either I've not looked or not noticed (that's certainly true), or it's too trivial to even talk about. :rolleyes:

Maybe someone has first-hand info...?

Once in a while Setanta comes in un-encrypted. I watched some of the Champions league games in Dec. and Jan. on IA-5. Globecast sometimes puts it out free to air for short periods. Normally it is a subscription channel.

I also know in the US you can purchase a globecast receiver from globecast and subscribe only to Setanta.

I wish I had kept mine. Not sure about Canada.

Setanta is also pretty cutting edge when it comes to IPTV. You can buy an IPTV box for the same price as subscribing to Globecast (though without the Globecast hardware requirement). Check the setanta website.

Setanta is also pretty cutting edge when it comes to IPTV. You can buy an IPTV box for the same price as subscribing to Globecast (though without the Globecast hardware requirement). Check the setanta website.
First, you only get the IPTV box free ("ITVN") if you agree to a one year commitment (otherwise it is roughly the same price as a Globecast receiver).
Second, the picture quality of Setanta via IPTV is not as good as on Globecast.
Third, IPTV sucks up all your bandwidth - you basically can't do anything on your Internet connection while watching Setanta (unless you have one of those expensive super-high bandwidth connections). So, if you are in a family situation, that is a problem, and it is also a problem if you like to download a lot of things.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)