newbie question: aligning dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jkrobbie

Original poster
Aug 29, 2008
Hey Everyone. I'm new to FTA. I have a Captive WOrks CW-600S and a 1.2m dish with a lone LNB. It's got a motor too.

SO, I was out trying to align it to 123W, but could not seem to pick anything up. I'm in SW Colorado. I used a heading calculator online to check everything and found my elevation needs to be 44.3, azimuth (magnetic) at 193.3 and LNB skew at 18.7. Everything seemed to be correct and I did get significant signal strength, but no quality. I needed to pop inside on occasion to check what the TV was reading.

Any helpful suggestions?

Kelly

If you have a motor, like you say you do, you should set the motor elevation to your latitude (your location), and then set the dish up for the satellite located at (or closest to) your longitude. The dish motor should be on a parallel line running north and south, with the dish pointing south. And then using the motor and receiver, drive the dish to the closest satellite to your longitude location. Then try setting it up to receive that satellite, after you get it, then you can try for others, like G18 at 123 west.
Good Luck..!!

Your'e looking for signal Q more so than signal strength.

Also make sure you're looking at a known transponder, preferably a strong one from The List, while aligning the dish. You'll never see any quality unless your receiver is watching a specific transponder.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts