Newbie Question Help!!

liltroy3333

Original poster
Jan 7, 2009
Kershaw sc
I just moved into a new house behind my old house and chose to use my receiver and hook it to the dish that is currently on the house. A little background on the equipment. The dish is a Dish 500 with a twin lnbf with two connections and the receiver is a dish pro 301. I set the skew and elevation angle as required on the point dish and the azimuth is in the general direction. I only have one receiver and its plug into the left output which is labeled 119 on the Y output. Now the problems. I tried to run check switch first and I cant get anything other than X's. I need HELP. Could my lnbf be faulty? I didn't have enough coax to reach so I had to use a connector with 2 pieces. could this be the problem? the coax is not grounded. Can someone tell me how to properly ground the coax . The house is vinyl siding.Am I doing something wrong? does the azimuth need to be closer before the check switch will work? Am I using the correct dish and lnbf with my receiver.? Please help:(

I should find a signal on 119 first right? Which transponder should I use? After i find a signal on 119 and run the check switch what do I do for 110?

Unless you can view tv or hear the point dish screen signal tone, you need a helper. On point dish screen, select 119 tsp 11. verify that the cable {RG-6, swept tested to 2150} has 13-18 volts DC at the lnb. {The 301 will operate with any lnb} Attach the cable to the left port of the twin as you face the way dish is pointed. Set dish for your zip code....slowly rotate dish in the compass direction for your zip. If any signal is locked, peak that for max. Then snug bolts. Apply pressure to dish at the top and or bottom to affect elevation. If pressure nets signal gain, THEN loosen elevation bolts and peak...tighten all bolts and apply pressure on sides as well as top/bottom to verify max signal. There should be no need to re-peak the dish on 110.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts