Newbie Question on BEV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Patriot6901

Original poster
Oct 22, 2006
Okay.. total newbie here... however, I've read that people in Los Angeles are having issues getting a signal with 82.. especially the high def channels... I've looked at some footprint maps and I am located near Las Vegas and I see the border line of reception is the las vegas area... is there anything that I can do to increase my chances of reception ... I am in an apartment.. so size / amount of dishes is limited........ are there any bigger (75cm'ish) dishes capable of hitting both birds (perhaps with a switch).. or is this a totally impossible idea?

Any feedback would be so awesome..

thanks

Okay.. total newbie here... however, I've read that people in Los Angeles are having issues getting a signal with 82.. especially the high def channels... I've looked at some footprint maps and I am located near Las Vegas and I see the border line of reception is the las vegas area... is there anything that I can do to increase my chances of reception ... I am in an apartment.. so size / amount of dishes is limited........ are there any bigger (75cm'ish) dishes capable of hitting both birds (perhaps with a switch).. or is this a totally impossible idea?

Any feedback would be so awesome..

thanks

For Canadian TV I use Star Choice.
Their signal is better than the other one and does Vegas very well.
Star Choice also has a better standard definition picture with less channels per transponder.
ExVu gives you Boston from the east.
Star Choice gives you Buffalo,NY. and Detroit from the east using HD.

Thanks for the reply!! :) I've read that star choice gets ya reception all over the place, however there are a few options on bev that arent available on star choice (like the boston locals... im originally from boston.. so it would be nice to catch up on their news..etc..)... that NASCAR IN-CAR PPV Package deal.. im a huge nascar geek... so.. things like that outweigh ultra picture qualify ... but seeing as a i did drop 3 grand on a high def tv... I should get some milage out of it as well.... :) So if there is any possible way I could pull off bev... it would be awesome..

Thus anymore feedback would be greatly appricated...

Thanks again

Well, a bigger dish is probably your only option at this point. If the footprint doesn't quite reach your area there isn't much else you can do.

You could certainly try using separate dishes for 82 and 91, with a bigger one pointed at 82.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)