Newbie question on the new DishHD plans

scott78945

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
Ok, I started with Dish last September coming from Time Warner. At that time I paid the $250 lease for the 942 receiver. After watching the Charlie Chat last night I see that I can upgrade to the VIP622 for $99 after of course the $200 rebate. Now I got the HD Pak free for 6 months and after that it will cost $10/month to have. I currently have the Top180. So if I were to upgrade to a new plan do I still need to pay the $10 per month for the HD Pak on top of the new rates for DishHD or is this included in the new DishHD plans? I am so confused at this point in time as I keep reading posts and the more I read the worse it gets. If it is included I can't see why I wouldn't upgrade as the difference in price is almost as much as just the HD Pak that I will be paying for anyways but now I will get all the new HD channels and a new dish. Thanks guys.

It appears that if you upgrade you will have to select one of the new packages. All of the HD channels are included in the prices. If you want to keep your AT180 pack, then you would go to HD Gold which is 74.99 w/ locals, 69.99 without locals. That is before all the additional fees.

I also have the AT180 right now, but I'm more concerned about my monthly bill, so I'll probably go with HD Silver. I lose like 30 SD channels, but gain 16 HD channels, but my pricing pretty much stays the same.

Thanks for the reply. That is what I was wondering. My normal bill now with the HD Pak will end up being around $65 anyways so I guess another $10 isn't that much more for 30 more channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts