newbie question / online order?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bjoh11

Original poster
Nov 11, 2004
newbie question / online channel order?

I have heard/read somewhere that ordering D* channels online are prorated on your bill? I did a search and found nothing speciifically answering this question. Can I order HBO -for instance- online and cancel within 24 hours / and pay only for the day?
Maybe an obvious question for those in the know but your response is appreciated.

Pro-rated billing is for sure , but I do not think you can do a quick turn around order then cancel. I think you will get billed for "X" days for the remainder of the billing cycle. so if you order today the 11th you will pay for 20 day regardless of when you cancel; I THINK!

not true charper, you can only make a change once a day but it will prorate at the daily rate. i have done it a few times for a few channels

So if I want to watch HBO (or any other pay for view channel) on Fri night// I can log on the direct TV site- activate - watch until Sat night or Sunday - and then log on and deactivate. I am then charged on my bill prorated at one or two days for less than a dollar cost? I am time limited for viewing. Anyone else doing this? Maybe cumbersome but cost effective.......

My advise was I do not think you can do a quick turn around order then cancel, but IF you can they would still bill for the remain month.

I did not say he could do it.

charper1 said:
My advise was I do not think you can do a quick turn around order then cancel, but IF you can they would still bill for the remain month.

I did not say he could do it.

I have done this on a few occasions , found out totally by accident. Thought i would like a certain channel , ordered it online. 2 days later cancelled and viola on my bill i was charged 2 days , thats all. also i have now come to find out that you can only make one change to your programming a day, the site will not allow you to make 2 changes, again i have tried. this has been mentioned here on this site before. <<<i am not smart enough to think of this on my own LOL

Yes you can I have done this and it looks like I'll be doing this again. I pickup TC Premiere on Friday and cancel Sunday night. It works well and they do only bill you for the days that you use, which is how it should be. The movie channels are given to them for next to nothing (in comparisan to sub levels), the sports networks are where the money is at.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)