Newbie question re D* "retention" department

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drameden

Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
I am new to this forum but hear references to calling the "Retention" department to get unadvertised "deals". I am in a similar situation as other seeking the HR10-250. Longtime D* customer, with HD service, Sunday Ticket, etc and also have separate D*Tivo receiver. Rather than continue with 2 receivers (HD set top box + Tivo) hooked to my HDTV, I would love to replace 2 receivers for 1 receiver and get a HR10-250 at little or no cost. The current advertised deal by D* for customers is $399.

QUESTION: Is there a special phone number for the retention department or just call the regular 800 number and ask for "retention" Do I need to make a credible claim that I am thinking of going cable on them? I think I might still have a month left on my "subcription" from a hardware update last year, but I did buy/own my HD receiver and TIVO. How hard will I have to beg to get the kind of deals you have brokered?

The current deal is call retention and threaten to cancel Sunday Ticket. But you heard about free HD Tivo offer. Thats it.

1-800-824-9081

Brewer4 said:
The current deal is call retention and threaten to cancel Sunday Ticket. But you heard about free HD Tivo offer. Thats it.

1-800-824-9081
Depends who you talk to. I just called and asked about the free HD-Tivo, and got it. I never threatened to cancel anything.

scottie_h said:
Depends who you talk to. I just called and asked about the free HD-Tivo, and got it. I never threatened to cancel anything.

I asked about it yesterday and they said they had no promo like that going at the time

Jimbo

I already have the HR10-250, but I just called retention to see about getting the H20 to access the GameMix channels (functionally). I was given the H20, 5LNB dish installed for 21.00 ... I didn't want to push too hard since I am still riding the 20/mo for 6 months, for the second time on TCP. Renention does work, but I doubt it hurts that this is my 8th season with NFL ST and fourth with NHL CI.

I called and told them I could get a HDdvr from cable for the same as I could stay with directv and get HDDVR programming. I'd still have to pay 399 to lease the DVR. I ended up getting a free HD-DVR, 3 months of HD programming and once i purchased NFLST, I get 2 years of superfan for free! Is that a pretty good deal?
KEVIN

phoenx34 said:
Do you have Sunday ticket? was that a condition to get the free HD Tivo?

Yes I had ST last year and have paid for this year.
I did not push the issue, just asked, was calling about some other stuff as well

Jimbo

i recieved the H10-250 free and i dont even have sunday ticket. I just called a few times and the last time i called the CSR said there was a note on my account saying the last CSR would give me a H10-250 for $499.00-$150.00=$350.00. he asked me what i wanted and i told him i just want the best deal i could get without having to call everyday and get different prices. he checked and told me i can have it for just the S/H charge = $19.00. no begging or threating to quit. i guess i got lucky ? did have to recommit, but dont plan on going anywhere. i did call the customer retention number though...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts