Newbie signal strength questions 500 dish 322 receiver

lee157

Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
Hi, Just got hooked up yesterday and was playing with the remote today and found the pointing section and my signals were in the low 60's.

My friend on Direct said that was terrible so I went out and tweaked on it.

The best I can come up with is 75 on 119 and 65 on 110. I have a small tree that may be in the way of my 110 but I'm not really sure how the beam comes into the dish. I know with the 2 signals they will be different angles. I will take my Mini Excavator and bend the tree to the side a bit and see if that helps but I don't want to cut it unless I have to.

My zip is 47601 and that says my Az is 220 El 37 Sk 120 I have all this correct. Checking both 110 and 119 if I just slightly tweak the dish left right up or down (keeping all bolts tight) my signal drops. So with these very slight tweaks I am dropping signal this must mean I am about as much "on target" as I am going to get.

I have read that there is something different on the signal numbers in recent weeks/months and the scale has changed,,,,

Is my 75 on 119 and 65 on 110 good or not?

I have a long run on cable probably between 125' and 150' from my 500 dish to my 322 receiver. This was ran in good copper core RG-6 cable. Will this affect my signal strength?

So I guess I just want to know if and how I can get a better number on my signal or am I just waisting my time?

Dish net told me 119 use xponder 21 and 110 xponder 11 Is this correct and just what is the difference?

In the last install I experienced, the installers "peaked" the dish in the low 70's on a 322. By spending about 10 minutes on a ladder, I was able to get in the low 80's on both 110 and 119.

65 seems too low. Although they are slightly longer cable runs than most (although I probably have more than that).

OK,

Would my geographical location have anything to do with signal strength?

Also would an inline amplifier help me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)