Newbie Suggestion for OTA indoor Antenna

actorguy1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2007
Mass.
1st post from this newbie. My plan is to purchase a Vizio VX37L. 37 inch LCD. My zip is 85345. I checked antenna web and I am about 20 miles away from signal and almost all stations are at same degree. Just wanted suggestion for possible indoor antenna. Thanks again.

Ok. Thanks. Sorry to start a redundant thread.

Newbie to OTA here also.... If your channels are all UHF and pretty much all in the same direction, I'd try the Philips Silver Sensor. Works great for all my UHF HD local stations. My only problem is that my local NBC station is in VHF and at 268 where all my other stations are at 280. I mentioned in my original thread that last night I got a very weak signal for the VHF station. If the Silver Sensor had rabbit ears, I'd probably be able to get the VHF station. I just can't bring myself to put up rabbit ears though. It just looks so.... low tech...!!!

Anyone have any luck with the Terk TV55. I know a lot of people here in these forum say the Terk stuff is junk. I honestly wouldn't know as I've never owned any Terk products. I've read a few reviews of some of their products and they seem to be hit or miss....

1st post from this newbie. My plan is to purchase a Vizio VX37L. 37 inch LCD. My zip is 85345. I checked antenna web and I am about 20 miles away from signal and almost all stations are at same degree. Just wanted suggestion for possible indoor antenna. Thanks again.

I think you better considering other brand of LCD then Vizio, I saw the display at my area Sam's, the picture is look kind of dark and other sizes seem not good in picture.
:eek:

The Vizio also comes with a QAM tuner. I will try that first. and if not satisfied I will try external antenna. Thanks for all the input.

Can't help with the Antenna because thats what I'm here researching myself, but I have that same TV and I love it. My dad has had a 42" Vizio Plasma for about 2 years now and its been nothing but great. I have had my 37" LCD since about Christmas time and I love it, I am sure you will too. HD is fantastic and SD, well SD is SD but HD is beautiful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)