newbie to DirectTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ochie927

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2009
illinois
Hi, I'm new to all this so please bear with me ..

I've always had cable and I'm moving to a new home soon. Closing should be done within the next 10 days and I'm interested on having DirectTV. I just have a few concerns and I hope someone can help me out.

First is, are they going to be drilling holes on our wall? We have cable outlets on the walls of the rooms where I was thinking on setting up some TVs .. are they going to use those or are they going to drill holes and run cables on our walls? If they drill and run lines around, this might upset my wife and might be a dealbreaker and I would definitely be disappointed as I'm reading how DirectTV is superior to Comcast ...

Also, it's a townhouse and ours is sort of like in the middle of a building with 6 homes, so I'm thinking they might end up setting it up on the roof .. how do they get up there? I've been reading some messages here saying that I should supervise them ... how am I going to supervise them on the roof? It's also going to be a new address (which isn't available in mapquest or any GPS navigation system I've tried so far) .. is this going to be a problem?

Thank you so much in advance for your help ...

Do the cables from the wall outlets terminate in a common location? If so, then there is no reason why they couldn't be used for DirecTV. It would have to be an SWM installation. I suggest you do some homework and find out all you can about the cabling.

I assume you own this townhouse, so there should be no problem with using the roof for the dish. Any townhouse owner restrictions?

Having a new address isn't a concern as long as the installer can find it.

Questions for you...

1. Do you plan to get any type of DVR, and if so do you have 1 or 2 line outlets?

3. Where do your lines terminate? (in a closet, outside, basement?)

5. Are the lines RG6 or RG59?

2. Do you plan on HD?

4. Do you think your roof line is above 28', 32' or 40'?

As far as finding you, you can ask the Sales rep to put "Driving Directions" on the work order and give directions from the closest main road. You could also leave a note on there to CALL AHEAD FOR DIRECTIONS, NEW SUB DIVISION and leave a cell phone number.

As far as supervision, I wouldn't be a foreman and hawk the guy. I would check up on him, and inside be with him as he goes from room to room and do not be afraid to ask questions. Its really a judgment call from you, but If you dis-trust the guy so much, request a reschedule for "a meeting"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)