Newbie to FTA, please help!!! (Diseqc questions)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
hold on!

WHEN your dish is pointed to your TRUE South satellite, you set the LNBF accordingly.
You can tweak it a little later if need be, but it's basically not moved clockwise nor counterclockwise more than 10°.
The motor and dish mount cause the dish to skew (twist on bore-site to the satellite) as it moves.

WHERE you twist that LNBF to, is dependent upon which brand / model you bought.
I consulted the Sadoun site, and I -think- you have a DMX-741.
Normally, you would twist the LNBF 'till the mark on the body (the cylinder) was at 12 o'clock, but due to manufacturing mistakes, some brands may need to be set to 3 o'clock.
All of a given model/brand will be off, so there's nothing to worry about, but sometimes that info is a bit hard to come by.
Below is the standard answer I give to people wanting to know how to twist their LNBF.
It may not be all inclusive, but I think it covers this situation.

If your H and V transponders are reversed (interchanged) you need to twist the LNBF by 90°
Twisting 180° is the same as not twisting it at all...
SO, setting the mark to 12 or 6 o'clock is the same.
Likewise, setting it to either 3 or 9 o'clock is the same.

edit:
That mark on the scalar you highlighted, has NO MEANING... so disregard it.

Anole pix of skew for CK-1 and BSC-621 LNBf's
SatelliteGuys.US - View Single Post - Quick - Help me think this through! Geosat Pro C/Ku
[09:19] <Anole> Fred - how do you orient the DMX741 at TS ?
[09:19] <Linuxman> you can put the 0 line at either north or south
[09:20] <Linuxman> it has a plus or minus 10 degrees off center if i remember correctly
Iceberg and skew of C2:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/186011-setup-geosat-pro-c2.html#post1939026

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Coolsat 6000 acting up, shuts down when I try to blind scan ...

ISS sighting opportunities

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)