Newbie to FTA Satellite, need ur help with some questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

shramj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2005
I was trying to figure out some stuff about this FTA stuff. I live in Phoenix, AZ and I want to get the local Chicago stations so I can watch the Bears games. I was reading up about FTA and I am confused with some of the stuff I have been reading. I hope I listed all the information that you may need in order to help me. Thanks for your help, i am just confused with all this FTA talk.

1. I was looking at the Pansat 3500 receiver, I currently want to get an 18inch dish because I am worried about my HomeOwners association because my building put a Coax TV outlet on the side on my house for a Satellite (faces southwest) and if I get a 30inch Dish, it will be visable above my fence line and I really do not have another place to put a 30inch dish (yards are small in Phoenix). Can I get the channels I want below with an 18inch dish and the Pansat or do I need a different brand receiver? Are they still FTA or would I be able to get them but would it be then considered illegal because I have a smaller dish?

2. Besides the Pansat and actual dish, what other equipment will i need? I keep reading about FBNF, would I need that. Can I watch two different FTA programs on two different TV's in my house?

3. I went to lyngsat/uslocal/index.html and I see under Illinois all the local Chicago stations that I could ever want, most of them are under Satellite AMC 15 & EchoStar 8, Can I get all these FTA? Under lyngsat they have locals, Net TV, Free FV, etc. Can I get all of these stations?

Welcome :wave
I was trying to figure out some stuff about this FTA stuff. I live in Phoenix, AZ and I want to get the local Chicago stations so I can watch the Bears games. I was reading up about FTA and I am confused with some of the stuff I have been reading. I hope I listed all the information that you may need in order to help me. Thanks for your help, i am just confused with all this FTA talk.
FTA will not be helpful in this situation…I’ll explain below
1. I was looking at the Pansat 3500 receiver, I currently want to get an 18inch dish because I am worried about my HomeOwners association because my building put a Coax TV outlet on the side on my house for a Satellite (faces southwest) and if I get a 30inch Dish, it will be visable above my fence line and I really do not have another place to put a 30inch dish (yards are small in Phoenix). Can I get the channels I want below with an 18inch dish and the Pansat or do I need a different brand receiver? Are they still FTA or would I be able to get them but would it be then considered illegal because I have a smaller dish?
A 18” dish will not work for most FTA. You need at least a 30” dish. A FTA box will not help in this situation
2. Besides the Pansat and actual dish, what other equipment will i need? I keep reading about FBNF, would I need that. Can I watch two different FTA programs on two different TV's in my house?
LNB is what picks up the signal. You would need a dual to see 2 programs on 2 separate TV’s
3. I went to lyngsat/uslocal/index.html and I see under Illinois all the local Chicago stations that I could ever want, most of them are under Satellite AMC 15 & EchoStar 8, Can I get all these FTA? Under lyngsat they have locals, Net TV, Free FV, etc. Can I get all of these stations?

No. It all depends on line of sight and footprint of the satellite.

But back to the original question, there are a some networks on FTA, but they are in texas and Arkansas so you’ll get the Cowboys and Saints on these. You can’t pick up Dish network stuff (sans NASA, Gol & Angel One) with a FTA box unless the box is illegally modified and we don’t condone that here.

Thanks Iceberg, you are a big help! I see you answer and help a ton of people on this board, I am glad I posted about this before I went and bought the FTA equipment. Thanks, Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)