Newbie : Trying to Buy SuperDish

hangon

Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
All,

I have superdish with 4 DP301 receivers 2 of those are never used (planning upgrade two of them to hd receivers), my brother bought a new house so I'm planning to give those to him so he does not have to sign up again with dishnetwork.

What do I need in order to get this done
1. Super Dish
2. What switch do I need (DP34?)
any other items ?? (please give me exact models so I can buy them)

anything else that he needs and installation how hard it is can we self install ?

...so he does not have to sign up again with dishnetwork.

Looks that way to me

It's not possible.. once you hook up the last input to the 34 switch it will self destruct and a laser from the 119 satellite will fry your system... or at least I think thats what it said in the fine print?

hokiecb : that's funny...

boba : plano,tx and need to subscribe to HD/internation channels like south asian... vbmenu_register("postmenu_781773", true);

DP-34 switch is needed. Plastic SuperDishes need 2 1/4" OD pole while the newer metal ones need 2" OD pole. You need three RG-6 wires rated for 2.2 GHZ (2200 MHZ) or higher long enough to go from the lnbf's to the switch. Since you have four 301 receivers and if you are going to use that many then you would be better off running three wires from the lnbf's at the dish to the house then put the switch there (this saves you one wire run) then run the wires from the switch to the receivers in the house. If you run the wires to any other residence than where the switch is at then a concentrated laser beam from the satellite will destroy all of the receivers connected to that satellite dish.

hokiecb : that's funny...

boba : plano,tx and need to subscribe to HD/internation channels like south asian... vbmenu_register("postmenu_781773", true);
You can't receive HD with DP301 but if you want that a dish 500 with another dish aimed at 61.5 would probably work better than a 121 Superdish. You could get South Asian and HD off 61.5 and it is visible from Plano.:)

Are you wanting the south Asian at both houses?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)