newbie trying to decide between dish and directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jb05

Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
Hi Folks,

I am new to this forum and currently have Comcast.
I want to switch to satellite and trying to decide between Dish and DirecTV by comparing programming and total monthly bill. Please help me with few questions I have for DirecTV;
1. I have two HD and one SD tv in the house. How many receivers do I need? Can any of the directv receivers to do two tvs at one time?
2. I was interested in getting 4 month promotion of NFL Sunday ticket with premier package (current offer) + HD, can I down grade to total choice (49.99 package) + HD after the promotion and still receive NFL network and NESN in HD?
3. Any other tips for new customer?

Thanks in Advance,
JB.

1) You will need a receiver for each TV. No DirecTV receiver can provide two different outputs at the same time.
2) I have never used NFLST so I can't answer that qustion.
3) When the dish is installed, make sure all four lines from the dish are run regardless of current need. Have them installed at a common location so that future changes are easier.

If I understand right you can downgrade without a problem as long as it has been over 30 days. Are you going to have a DVR? If so look at the Plus HD/DVR package when you get ready to downgrade. You get DVR service and HD Access included.
Also if you are ordering directly from DTV call them. You will likely get a better deal than doing it on-line.

It is hard to beat Dish Network if you have no money to put into equipment upfront. They offer a free HDDVR.

However, if you call directv and tell them you want service, but do not want to pay for an HDDVR, they usually give you a $10 credit on your bill for the first 10 months.

If sunday ticket is your bag, then you have no choice but Directv. I have the Sunday ticket and love it.

Also, when you break down and compare packages between Dish and Directv, Directv usually comes out $5 to $10 cheaper a month when you compare their packages to Dish's. Especially in the HD package. So you pay money for the equipment upfront, but in the long run it saves you more with Directv on their packages.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)