bk63ross

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
San Francisco
Guys help me out here: I have 2 DP34 switches running a total of 6 receivers. I am thinking of adding either a second dish for sat 148 since I have an open port on the DP34, or going with a new HDDVR receiver. Will that open port support the hook up for the DVR receiver? Great site BTW!!!

Welcome to SatelliteGuys,

If you have 2 DP34's, that means you have enough outputs for 8 receivers and input wise 3 satellite locations. Question, do you have any must carry locals or anything on 148? Do you qualify for CBS-HD? What do you have now as far as Dish setup? You can go to menu 6-1-1 and the check switch and your dish config will be listed at the top. What receivers do you have running, because without knowing this info it would be easy for me to say you could add the DVR and 148 dish.

DP34 picture attached

Jason

attachment.php

I don't need any more receivers. I do and would like the CBSHD from LA, which I do qualify for. So making the call and having them come out for the install would be very easy for me and them since the port is already there. My interest right now is with the new 921. It sounds like I would need a DP44 switch? Right now I have a 811,510,322,311x2. So I would be replacing the 811 for a 921. My 2 DP34 switches were installed by 2 different sat Co.'s, one is a Dish model and the other a MicroRoyal. Not sure if that matters or not? But everything seems to be working fine...

How many sat's are you hitting right now? Count the connections on the "to dish" connectors on your first switch. If one of those connectors is not used, you can use that to pick up the 148.

bk63ross said:
I don't need any more receivers. I do and would like the CBSHD from LA, which I do qualify for. So making the call and having them come out for the install would be very easy for me and them since the port is already there. My interest right now is with the new 921. It sounds like I would need a DP44 switch? Right now I have a 811,510,322,311x2. So I would be replacing the 811 for a 921. My 2 DP34 switches were installed by 2 different sat Co.'s, one is a Dish model and the other a MicroRoyal. Not sure if that matters or not? But everything seems to be working fine...
No you don't need a DPP44, you would use a DPP44 to get 4 satellite locations, If you are only using 2 on your DP34 you still have room for the 3rd. You should have 2 open outputs to feed 2 extra lines to receivers. You can run both open outputs to the 921 and you'll be set. Of course you would likely want to run an OTA line to that location too if there isn't one there already. You have everthing you need execept the Dish 300 for 148 and a DP921 Receiver.

Hope this helps,
Jason

Thanx Jason. Right now I am pulling in sats 110 and 119 using 2 of 3 ports on the first switch. So the 148 sat wouldn't be a problem I understand. Lets say I wanted the 942 hook up. Would I only be able to pull in 2 sats and do I have enough ports from the first switch?

SuperDishes come with DP34's unless 148 or 61.5 are required in which case a 44 would be installed. If you install a super 105 or 121 and still desired 148 then yes a 44 would be required.

Please tell me again what your trying to do...i.e. do you have must carry locals on 148 or 105 or 121? What are you trying to accomplish by hitting all these birds? I only ask because if your just trying to get extra channels without having any must carries for a local DMA then 105 or 121 isn't required, exception is internationals most of which you need to pay extra for, and if your looking for 148 just for CBS-HD West you must qualify for that channel...if you are putting up dishes before your authorized for any of the services from those locations then your just throwing money out the window...Dish won't flip a switch just cause you have the equipment in place...but they'll sell you the equipment even if you can't use it...;)

Jason

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts