newbie...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kelelemoja77

Original poster
Dec 29, 2005
i have been researching about the satellites and everything else and its seems the satellites that am interested are way to too far...i want to be able get the hotbirds maybe one or two and some atlantic birds,i would have to move,get a bigger dish than the one i have planned to buy,or a better lnbf or all together leave it alone.my location is texas.

You already seem to know the answers to what you stated, do you have another question?

Hello WELCOME to the satelliteGuys.US FTA forum!

I would have a look below, and always check the satellite FOOTPRINT or BEAM. That will tell you if its possible to pick up. But of course they have to be broadcasting also in your direction, if you see some channels that you are interested in you can always ask here first! Watch out C-Band (BIG 6' Dish) uses a four digit Freq. where KU-Band uses a five digit Freq. (30"+ dish)

http://www.lyngsat.com/freetv/United-States.html

kele...Ya the hotbirds are blocked by the earth, no matter how big you dish is, unless of course you plan on moving to the UK or europe sometime soon. As PSB noted, lyngsat has good listing of FTA stuff and beam maps, so you can figure out what to get. The "freetv" listings for north america should show basically most of the chans avail.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)