Newbies Go C-Band

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wanted to avoid redoing that procedure with the wrenches, so I got my wife to go through the reposition drill while I physically held the dish up of the West end of its run.

When she hit enter the dish moved a few degrees East, thinking it was heading for C3. But then we got the same message, "Dish has reached its limit." I know it thinks West limit because the receiver currently thinks the East limit is about 5800.

We repeated the hand-on-dish excercise once more, this time choosing whichever bird is at 6659. Once again, I could see and feel the dish moving more East, but the screen still says that the dish is at 6699, and that it is at its limit.

Is there anyway to clear the current position error?

The Dish is moving in the correct direction?

If the Receiver can't "feel" the Dish moving, via the Pulse sensor, it may give that message.

Take the Motor Cover off, where the wires go in, look at the color of the small wires, and note them. Then double check the connections on the Back of the Receiver, they should go to the Pulse / Ground connections. I thought you reconnected / spliced some wires.

Take the cover off the motor, where the wires are connected.
Look for the Limit Switches, do they look like they have been reached?

A piece at a time:
Yes, the dish is moving in the right direction.

The motor cover you first refer to, is that next to the actuator? If it is, I will have to attack it by ladder, since it is about 16 feet up, and it is sticking out past the edge of the roof. And, yes, I did splice in about 18 feet of new wire. Some cable guy cut the original years ago. But the new wire I bought from Home Depot did not exactly match the color scheme of the original cable bundle. According to Skyvision's FAQ, it doesn't matter if Sen and Grd are reversed.

And for tonight anyway, looking for the limit switches is not going to happen. Rain and wind is one thing, but the darkness ices it.

What is your feeling on this word that Sen and Grd can be reversed without a problem?

What is your feeling on this word that Sen and Grd can be reversed without a problem?
That should not be a problem.
If the Dish moves just a bit and stops, with the receiver showing that message, I would guess that the receiver is not feeling the Pulse Signal and thinks the Dish has stopped moving. The receiver can't see / feel the Motor's Physical Limit Switches, only feel the pulse sensor.
Tomorrow is another day.

Yes, tomorrow is. And tonight my #3 has a basketball game. Thanks for your help. I believe the goal is reachable now.

If it doesn't get a count it will show 'Motor Error' won't it?
What are your East and West limits set to? I guess this has already been covered, but...
If it was reverse wired and you've corrected that, the only things left are the limits.
I'm not in front of mine right now, but in one of the setup screens is an option to set the dish limits. Since you have the wiring corrected, now is the time to set the limits...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)