News Feeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sikma

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2005
Dish Farm Up North
Until I bite the bullet and buy a motor, which ku bird has the most news/wild feeds. I'm getting oh-so tired of lugging my tv to the garage and re-aiming. I've tried IA6, a few digital but little or no analog. SBS6 has hardly any digital, but a few analog. Anyone have any suggestions? I know, I know I have to get a motor..................but my wife is German:(

I tried to edit my Topic (I forgot the 's' on news, but it doesn't want to change.....sorry if people are mislead prior to opening my post!

changed it to NEWS feeds :)

you really need a motor...
the main satellites with feeds are SBS6, AMC9, G11 and IA6
most news feeds are AMC9 & IA6

I've been on IA6 for about a week now-great news feeds. You have to keep looking because they can come and go quickly. Love CBS Newspath which is the most active "channel" there. Looking forward to checking some other birds when I am up to speed.

sikma said:
Until I bite the bullet and buy a motor, which ku bird has the most news/wild feeds. I'm getting oh-so tired of lugging my tv to the garage and re-aiming. I've tried IA6, a few digital but little or no analog. SBS6 has hardly any digital, but a few analog. Anyone have any suggestions? I know, I know I have to get a motor..................but my wife is German:(

I saw a couple of feeds on AMC5 last night, watched a few on SBS6 also. And of course, quite a few on IA6. I was watching a guy earlier, he was there cracking jokes non-stop making himself laugh, talking about the women walking by, etc., and I thought man he sure looks familiar. So I wandered off for awhile, caught up with my dad and he was watching Fox news and wouldn't you know there was the same guy doing his live report. :)

I watch a lot of AMC 1. A lot of NBC feeds.
Does anybody remember Satcom K2?

sikma said:

I am going to turn my dish to AMC 9 for more newsfeeds. Can someone please advise if there is a transponder continuously on air) that I can use as a "tuning tool" in order to find the satellite?
Paul

Thanks Iceberg for the quick reply ...will give it a try.

Regards,

Paul

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)