News World International

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ely

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 9, 2005
Miami, FL
What a pitty this nice channel is gone, It was one of my favorites, Hopefully they ( Canadian CBC ) will be back in the American market some day, Anyone else watched and liked this channel here?

Exactly, this channel I dont think it will be anything even close to what NWI was, really sad to see a nice channel go down this way.

I wonder if they dumped NWI because of some contractual issues or whether some genius at D* decided no one was watching? I have to believe the former because there's no way that moronic claptrap like World Harvest Television or BYU-TV is more popular.

They better not dump LINK. Now that is a cool channel.

Bunnyman said:
I wonder if they dumped NWI because of some contractual issues or whether some genius at D* decided no one was watching? I have to believe the former because there's no way that moronic claptrap like World Harvest Television or BYU-TV is more popular.

They better not dump LINK. Now that is a cool channel.

Actually Gore bought NWI and converted it himself. And I HATE it, but actually preferred Gore to Bush in 2000. But honestly, NWI is exactly what we need, a little variety. Great channel. Got used to CBC, ITN, Deutsche Welle. Gonna miss them. I think it's odd that we have to struggle to get such a good channel, and we finally get it, and it goes away. Al- MTV Politics, is NOT what we need right now. I want my NWI.

That was another bad swap. That makes two bad moves in a row. TRIO was better than the trash on LOGO and NWI was better than Current.

You would think the guy that invented the Internet could come up with better programing than that.

From what I read out of Canada - the CBC shut down Newsworld International - budget cuts. I too did enjoy the channel - and hope at some point we can receive the CBC or CTV or even Global News out of Canada

Jackm said:
From what I read out of Canada - the CBC shut down Newsworld International - budget cuts. I too did enjoy the channel - and hope at some point we can receive the CBC or CTV or even Global News out of Canada

Global & CTV won't ever come to the US...its mostly US programs :)

CBC would be nice, but the syndex rules screw that up.

CBC Newsworld use to be good, but now has other programs from CBC, so we're back to the syndex rules

Best option would be CTV Newsnet...but that isn't the best option either :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)