Next door neighbors BUD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rjones570

Original poster
Sep 12, 2005
after looking and reading tons of pages, i still can't decide what to do to help my neighbor get his BUD back up and working. his BUD is in good shape and after greasing the arm up, it extends the full 24 inches. i know what to do on a small dish and fta reciever, but c-band is not my cup of tea. i know you can slave a 4dtv to an fta reciever, but that is a little more money than he's willing to spend. is there any reciever that will blind search with both inputs for the c & ku fta coaxial off the feedhorn? or can you hook up both coaxial to a switch then thru a single coaxial to the reciever?

Oh..and he still has his old echostar SRD 4000 reciever. anything we can do with that?

i talked to him this morning and he said that the reciever he has was "grounded"- quote from the echostar installer that wanted him to replace it. so, without even involving the SRD reciever, what is the best way to hook up a PS3500 to both C/Ku lnb's and still control the movement of the dish?

hmmmmm best bet for him right now to do it "on the cheap" is to pick up a used analog reciever and use that to position his dish. There are quite a few of us who have tried using the dp 710 (vbox) diseqc dish positioner hooked up to a pansat to control dish movement of our BUD, but most have reported disappointing results.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)