Next Generation DTV NOW Coming This Spring

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you don't see them wanting to do it all do you think they just want to do internet streaming and that's it? I wonder if that way would be cool? Imagine if we could get the same DTV experience using SatelliteTV using internet streaming instead? Only one bad thing about that is what happens when the internet or the gateway goes down? However AT&T internet so far has been reliable.
Or if you have D* Now with another internet provider and the internet goes down ... does that other company get you taken care of right away ?

I know at att, the Video subs are top priority, at least on the Uverse side, I don't do the D* side of things (officially).
I would love for it to be on the SAtreaming side only, but I think they want it on all so when you call in to have a question, the CSR's know what your looking at.

Or if you have D* Now with another internet provider and the internet goes down ... does that other company get you taken care of right away ?

I know at att, the Video subs are top priority, at least on the Uverse side, I don't do the D* side of things (officially).
I would love for it to be on the SAtreaming side only, but I think they want it on all so when you call in to have a question, the CSR's know what your looking at.
So has AT&T changed their mind on UVerseTV and they are keeping it and they don't promote DTV over UVerseTV and don't care which one you have? One way I thought would be neat if they kept both would when a channel contract needs renewal they could have one channel contract for both DTV and UVerseTV.

So has AT&T changed their mind on UVerseTV and they are keeping it and they don't promote DTV over UVerseTV and don't care which one you have? One way I thought would be neat if they kept both would when a channel contract needs renewal they could have one channel contract for both DTV and UVerseTV.
No ...
I believe they are keeping the U Verse Internet, but I don't see them pushing U Verse TV any longer ...
If you call in for TV and ASK for U Verse and your in the U Verse TV area, they WILL give it to you ...
However, they would prefer setting you up with D*.
They will still continue to support the TV side as long as people are using it.

Everytime a UVTV sub moves to D*, it give the UV Internet more bandwidth to work with.

That said, UVTV and UV Internet work off the same cable, so we will continue to support it daily, be it Copper, Fiber or Copper/Fiber combo.

No ...
I believe they are keeping the U Verse Internet, but I don't see them pushing U Verse TV any longer ...
If you call in for TV and ASK for U Verse and your in the U Verse TV area, they WILL give it to you ...
However, they would prefer setting you up with D*.
They will still continue to support the TV side as long as people are using it.

Everytime a UVTV sub moves to D*, it give the UV Internet more bandwidth to work with.

That said, UVTV and UV Internet work off the same cable, so we will continue to support it daily, be it Copper, Fiber or Copper/Fiber combo.
I keep forgetting about IPTV taking up internet bandwidth. I wonder if they would even want DTV over managed IPTV? Cable is coming out with DOCSIS 3.1 and AT&T will need to compete with that. What if they did the full version of DTV using unmanaged IPTV?

If you don't see them wanting to do it all do you think they just want to do internet streaming and that's it? I wonder if that way would be cool? Imagine if we could get the same DTV experience using SatelliteTV using internet streaming instead? Only one bad thing about that is what happens when the internet or the gateway goes down? However AT&T internet so far has been reliable.
If they did something like we were mentioning before, where if your having Sat signal issues, it would transfer over to the internet until the dish was cleared ...
Of course they would probably want more money for that Option ....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)