Next Generation GEOSATpro Satellite receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
GM Brian;

I've been looking to upgrade my STB and was going to go for the AZBox Pro for the 4:2:2 support but have now decided to go with this receiver instead. I've got a USB receiver that I can piggyback off of it if I want the 4:2:2 support. A few quick questions however if I may. I've been reading everything I can about this receiver as well as the microHd. The consensus seems to be that the micro does standard definition better and has an extremely sensitive receiver for weak signal work.

Is the chipset the same one in the 1200 as opposed to the micro? I would go with the micro as it seems more for the FTA market but because of all the inputs I use with my monitor I really need component out so it looks like the 1200 would be the one for me. My specific question is regardless of chipset is the receiver in the 1200 as sensitive as in the Micro and if I read into it as you continue to develop the FTA firmware can anything be done to render the standard definition signals a little bit better? And how would you rate the blind scan ability/speed between the micro and the 1200?

Just about every other receiver out there is a little dated or no longer in production. With this receiver being brand new and with people here in the U.S. tweaking and developing it for our market this receiver would seem to make the most sense at the moment. Last question would be as it sits now with the firmware that it ships with can it be used for general FTA with motor support or does it just boot into the glorystar mode and you have to update the firmware to make it usable for general FTA? Thanks in advance!!

The microHD is based on a ALI chipset and the HDVR1200 on a Novatek. The HDVR1200 blind scan is fast and usually accurate, but can miss audio feeds. The microHD can miss an occasional SCPC, does a great job with audio services and has an exceptionally sensitive tuner. The microHD currently has more versatility in allowing the user to modify scan parameters.

Deinterlacing is an issue with the Novatek chipsets. This is being addressed by Novatek and hopefully could be implemented on current distribution, but that is yet to be determined. It might only be available on a new chipset revision... Too early to predict.

The HDVR1200 install screen allows the installer to select either Glorystar or FTA modes. The beta FTA firmware is currently updated by USB. Shortly, the satellite update will include the FTA mode updates, but we want to further develop before pushing to all receivers via the public and automatic OTA-SSU delivery.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words!

The GUI is pretty and the scan is fast, but personally, I am still using and prefer the microHD for my home unit as it has a much better SD picture quality, spot-on motor/switch control and I prefer the ability to watch/record/record up to the 3 channels on a transponder.

If one is doing a ton of blind scans, primarily watching HD content and don't DVR, then the HDVR1200 would be my STB preference.

Things are subject to change as the firmware development continues..... :popcorn

Brian,

Could you elaborate a little bit on the differences between the SD picture quality between the MicroHD and the HDVR1200. Is it a difference in sharpness, brightness, color, ect?

I'm planning on purchasing either the MicoHD or the HDVR1200 very shortly and I can't quite make my mind up.

I like the HDVR1200 because I prefer a larger box that has some kind of LED display and component hookups.

I currently have a Invel ( Solomend ) that has a fairly good SD picture, I would like something that would have an equal or better SD picture.

Thanks

I have both a MicroHD and a X2 HD premium (same chip-set as HDVR1200) and the SD pic on the MicroHD is noticebly superior (bit brighter, bit sharper). IF you watch a lot of SD stuff, you'd be best served in buying the MicroHD over the HDVR1200.

There's a dealer on Ebay that sells the MicroHD for $107.

Yes I agree, if you watch a lot of SD, for sure go with the microHD.

It sounds like the MicroHD is probably the best way to go. I do watch a lot of SD.

I probably should check out my tv's digital hookup to make sure it works correctly, I've never used it. It's the older DVI type, so I would need to get some kind of HDMI to DVI adapter.

Thanks.

It sounds like the MicroHD is probably the best way to go. I do watch a lot of SD.

I probably should check out my tv's digital hookup to make sure it works correctly, I've never used it. It's the older DVI type, so I would need to get some kind of HDMI to DVI adapter.

Thanks.

Dvi and hdmi are essentially the same. You can get a cable that's dvi on one end and hdmi on the other. You would just need something else for the audio, since that's not supported by dvi.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)