Next SpaceX Launch Tentatively Slated for December 19

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

fred555

Pub Member
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 18, 2014
77W
The return to flight for the SpaceX Falcon 9 is now slated for December 19th between 8 and 9pm. Rumor is they do want to try to land the first stage back at Cape Canaveral, though the required approval for the attempt has not been received yet.
[link to www.floridatoday.com]

Reactions: Cham and lfp302
here's a direct link:
http://www.floridatoday.com/story/t...iming-falcon-9-launch-around-dec-19/77083694/
From www.spacex.com :
ORBCOMM-2 MISSION UPDATE

SpaceX is currently aiming for a December 16 static fire of the Falcon 9 at Cape Canaveral, Florida in advance of the upcoming ORBCOMM-2 launch. The launch of 11 next-generation OG2 satellites is part of ORBCOMM's second and final OG2 Mission at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida. The static fire will verify the readiness of the Falcon 9 rocket and once completed, ORBCOMM'S second OG2 Mission is targeted to launch about three days later between 8pm and 9pm ET. For updates, visit www.spacex.com and www.orbcomm.com.
BOLD added by me.

I think the crew abort tests went OK today, but I cant find that a decision has been made to launch yet or when it may happen.

Just after 9am ET today, SpaceX completed the first key flight test of its Crew Dragon spacecraft, a vehicle designed to carry astronauts to and from space. The successful Pad Abort Test was the first flight test of SpaceX’s revolutionary launch abort system, and the data captured here will be critical in preparing Crew Dragon for its first human missions in 2017.

http://www.spacex.com/news/2015/05/06/crew-dragon-completes-pad-abort-test

So I guess the next thing to hope for is for launch coverage on 105W C.
NASA schedule shows nothing so far.

Going to be Orlando Sunday, hopefully we'll be able to see part of the launch from there, been able to see others in the past.

Do you think my wife will be mad if I bring my AppleTV over to my friends' house and bow out of the Xmas Party to catch the launch attempt? ;)

td.jpg

Unbelievable!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts