- 320/512MB memory
- 854x480 AM-OLED 3.7" screen
- MicroSD and Micro USB
- Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS
- 3.5 mm jack (1/8")
- 5Mpx camera (2592x1944)
- two mics

Diogen.

The only change in specs (with the rumors above) is the resolution: 800x480 instead of 854x480. The rest is spot on.

Every text field has voice equivalent.

Verizon and Vodafone will join T-Mobile this spring.

US the only real market atm.
UK, Singapore, Hong Kong - test markets.

Any GSM SIM works.

Diogen.

The no keyboard is end game for me. I love my G1 keyboard..

I cant wait till they upgrade the G1 to android2.1 anyone know if Ican do this myself ?

A different twist on the event
Google's biggest announcement was not a phone, but a URL

In short, what Google announced today wasn't just the Nexus One, but the world's first carrier-independent smartphone store; the Google store is now the only smartphone store in the world where, for every phone on offer, you first pick which phone you want, and then you pick a network and a plan on that network. So you can comparison shop among networks based purely on plan price and network quality, because you already have your phone picked out.

You can be sure that carriers aren't thrilled about giving up phone-based lock-in, so it's a little surprising to see them going along for the ride. If customers turn en masse to Google's online store the way they did to Apple's iPhone a few years ago, then even more networks will be forced to either sign on or lose out. And once they're on Google's platform, they'll be forced to compete purely on the kinds of things that consumers actually want them to compete on, namely, price and quality. And when networks compete on price and quality, prices will go down and quality will go up.

Wouldn't that be nice...

Diogen.