NFL 2008-09 Season

Bolts Cleaning House - 4 Assistant Coaches Fired

"Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The poor performance of the Chargers' secondary cost assistant coaches Bill Bradley and Kevin Ross their jobs Tuesday, and that was not the extent of the job loss at Chargers Park.

The team also fired tight ends coach Clancy Barone and announced the contract of offensive line coach Jack Henry would not be renewed.

Barone was signed through 2009, and Henry's contract expires in February.

Ross' contract also was due to expire next month, while Bradley was signed through the '09 season. The Chargers allowed the second-most passing yards in the league.

Chargers coach Norv Turner did not immediately return a phone message but issued this statement: “We appreciate the contributions and hard work of these four men and wish them only the best in the future.” "

Chargers fire assistant coaches

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3833575"]Sources: Dallas Cowboys to talk about releasing Terrell Owens - ESPN[/ame]

Improving locker room chemistry will be the highest priority for the [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=dal"]Dallas Cowboys News, Schedule, Players, Stats, Video - NFL - ESPN[/ame] this offseason and that will force serious discussions between Wade Phillips' coaching staff and owner Jerry Jones about whether to release controversial wide receiver [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=1056"]Terrell Owens Profile - Buffalo Bills - ESPN[/ame], according to team and league sources.

Sources: Cowboys may release Owens

Improving locker room chemistry will be the highest priority for the Dallas Cowboys this offseason and that will force serious discussions between Wade Phillips' coaching staff and owner Jerry Jones about whether to release controversial wide receiver Terrell Owens, according to team and league sources.

I think they are starting to realize now that chemistry is more important for a team to succeed.

Not with a young developing QB we don't want him.

I get the feeling that Quinn is tough (borderline arrogant...a good thing for a QB) and he wouldn't put up with Owen's crap.

I also wouldn't mind seeing DA throwing downfield to Edwards, Owens, and Stallworth. That sure would open up underneath routes for K2. :)

Yeah. It's about time.

The rest of the team will be better for it. Believe me.

+1! it's a shame this guy cares more about drawing attention to himself then winning a superbowl. I know the following statement might be strong for some but he could've been the next jerry rice. he had the talent but never had the right attitude. I say had because we all know his skills will only diminish from here on out.

+1! it's a shame this guy cares more about drawing attention to himself then winning a superbowl. I know the following statement might be strong for some but he could've been the next jerry rice. he had the talent but never had the right attitude. I say had because we all know his skills will only diminish from here on out.

Yup. I agree. Great talent. Poor attitude.

Schwartz isn't the answer, either. Lions need a young energetic offense mind. But that would make sense. How do you promote the assistant to the worst GM in the history of organized sports.

If I see either John "I suck" Kitna or Dan "I suck more" Orlovsky take the snap in the opening game this year, I will take every piece of Lions gear I own, go outside and incinerate it. Than I will go see a priest and ask him to preform a exorcism on me and my son to remove our Lions fandom.

Am I a bad parent because I raised my son a Lions fan?

#1- in case you weren't paying attention the last few seasons, the Detroit Lion's HAVE NO DEFENSE! Yes we need a QB, but tell me how many players on the defensive side of the ball you would keep. Check the numbers - worst defense in the league. Now look who's still playing this year. See a common thread between 3 of the 4 teams? Trust me, there will be a better batch of QB's next season to pick from. we will still be drafting very high next season.

#2 - I have already burned everything with a Lion's logo. Exorcism won't work either. The Lion's disease is harder to remove than AIDS.

#3 - Not any worse of a parent than I am. Try to remind your son that he does have mind of his own and free will.:D

#1- in case you weren't paying attention the last few seasons, the Detroit Lion's HAVE NO DEFENSE! Yes we need a QB, but tell me how many players on the defensive side of the ball you would keep. Check the numbers - worst defense in the league. Now look who's still playing this year. See a common thread between 3 of the 4 teams? Trust me, there will be a better batch of QB's next season to pick from. we will still be drafting very high next season.

#2 - I have already burned everything with a Lion's logo. Exorcism won't work either. The Lion's disease is harder to remove than AIDS.

#3 - Not any worse of a parent than I am. Try to remind your son that he does have mind of his own and free will.:D

In my feeble opinion, your better off in building a decent line before you draft and inevitably ruin another QB. The Browns have ruined a many QB's by doing this. Add to your O-Line and then draft your franchise QB. Doing the reverse will get you no where.

In my feeble opinion, your better off in building a decent line before you draft and inevitably ruin another QB. The Browns have ruined a many QB's by doing this. Add to your O-Line and then draft your franchise QB. Doing the reverse will get you no where.

You're preaching to the choir. Defense a bigger need right now. But they do have 3 picks in the first 33. DE, OT and middle LB, would be my picks, not necessarily in that order. Defense would be picked with the remainder of the picks, the best player regardless of defensive position. Really doesn't matter, Ford ain't listening to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)