NFL All-Decade Team Announced

I think Corey Dillon should have been on there instead of Shaun Alexander

I think Corey Dillon should have been on there instead of Shaun Alexander

How so? His entire career was this decade, so Dillion has 2k fewer yards, 40 less TDs than Alexander.

I think the Brady vs Manning stuff is an interesting argument. Brady is a great quarterback, while Manning is a unique one. I am not sure I'll ever see a smarter guy play that position than Manning, but Brady just had the more complete teams to win him the accolades to get it over Manning.

How so? His entire career was this decade, so Dillion has 2k fewer yards, 40 less TDs than Alexander.

I think the Brady vs Manning stuff is an interesting argument. Brady is a great quarterback, while Manning is a unique one. I am not sure I'll ever see a smarter guy play that position than Manning, but Brady just had the more complete teams to win him the accolades to get it over Manning.

Tom Brady made Dion Branch, David Givens and daniel Graham a lot of money, how have they been since they left the Patriots? Antoine Smith is no Edgerrin James. The one year he had the same talent Manning has had, Brady lit it up.

Isn't it funny how Manning's defense carried them to a championship in 2006, but that is never talked about. In that AFC championship game Patriots scored 34 points with Reche Caldwell as the #1 wide reciever( I guess he compares to Wayne and Harrison:rolleyes:).

More complete teams, yeah OK.

Well I totally agree with this. Brady is a generational talent, but there will be more Tom Bradys over the years (not many though). Peyton Manning is truly one of a kind. I've never seen anyone play the position like him.

I have no argument with either one being placed over the other in any list, they're so difficult to compare.

Sandra

Tom Brady made Dion Branch, David Givens and daniel Graham a lot of money, how have they been since they left the Patriots? Antoine Smith is no Edgerrin James. The one year he had the same talent Manning has had, Brady lit it up.

Isn't it funny how Manning's defense carried them to a championship in 2006, but that is never talked about. In that AFC championship game Patriots scored 34 points with Reche Caldwell as the #1 wide reciever( I guess he compares to Wayne and Harrison:rolleyes:).

Yes, more complete teams, and by that I mean they've had a more consistent offense and defense. What also hurts Brady's case IMO is Matt Cassel stepping in and the offense not really missing a beat. Manning's shortcomings have often been him being kept on the sidelines while his defense is dismantled much more than any poor play by supporting cast. Also his work this year with these young receivers is much more significant than what he was able to do with veteran scrubs in 2006.

Brady deserves it, for the decade, but there's certainly an argument to be made. Brady is just a great QB, while Manning is something we'll probably never see again.

Matt Cassel says hi.

In 2008 when Brady went down, Matt Cassel stepped in and led the team to 11 wins. Was Matt Cassel this good or was he a case of benefiting from "the system"? I'm pretty sure the Cassel experiment in Kansas City has answered that question.

Bottom line is this: If Peyton Manning goes down, there's no way in hell the Colts win 11 games with Jim Sorgi. No way. Not with Matt Cassel either.

Matt Cassel says hi.

In 2008 when Brady went down, Matt Cassel stepped in and led the team to 11 wins. Was Matt Cassel this good or was he a case of benefiting from "the system"? I'm pretty sure the Cassel experiment in Kansas City has answered that question.

Bottom line is this: If Peyton Manning goes down, there's no way in hell the Colts win 11 games with Jim Sorgi. No way. Not with Matt Cassel either.
Look how they plugged Brady into the system replacing Bledsoe...

Sounds like you have it figured out....

Hell, I say the Pats cut Brady tomorrow, sign Cleo Lemon, and use the saved money on some much needed defensive help! :up

Certainly Lemon can lead the Pats to the playoffs with "the system" intact! :rolleyes:

Matt Cassel says hi.

The Patriots developed Matt Cassel and he is a 1000x better than both Painter and Sorgi. Matt Cassel on the Colts would be at least an 11 win team, also. The Colts never had a viable back-up, and Manning has never been cheap shotted and missed any sustained time so we wouldn't know.

Matt Cassel has no talent around him in Kansas City, so I don't understand your point there. Sure seemed that McDaniels wanted him real bad in Denver over the awesome Jay Cutler.

Sounds like you have it figured out....

Hell, I say the Pats cut Brady tomorrow, sign Cleo Lemon, and use the saved money on some much needed defensive help! :up

Certainly Lemon can lead the Pats to the playoffs with "the system" intact! :rolleyes:

You would think that a crap team, with a crap quarterback and a coach or two that know the Patriots "system" would succeed?

And yet after 2 tries the Cleveland Browns still suck. Must be the system.:rolleyes:

You would think that a crap team, with a crap quarterback and a coach or two that know the Patriots "system" would succeed?

And yet after 2 tries the Cleveland Browns still suck. Must be the system.:rolleyes:

We were having a civil debate and you found a way to flip this into knocking my team? Geesh. Get a life.

We were having a civil debate and you found a way to flip this into knocking my team? Geesh. Get a life.

The Browns hired Romeo Crennel and Eric Mangini......................FACT

They know this "Patriots system" which you seem to think that any scrub quaterback can play in.........................FACT

No other team has tried this more than once, Denver and Kansas City are 1 year and 1 coach in to this "Patriots system"..............FACT

The Browns aren't very good...............FACT

Sorry I used the word "suck":rolleyes: I'll accept the demerit.

I presented evidence in this so called civil debate, if you don't like it don't get angry with me, take it up with Randy Lerner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)