NFL draft

Well Jimbo, Detroit is now done for the day unless they make some more trades. They ended up with three 2nd round picks and traded all of their third round picks.

Johnson, Calvin WR Georgia Tech
Stanton, Drew QB Michigan State
Alama-Francis, Ikaika DE Hawaii
Alexander, Gerald FS Boise State

Is it me or does this Chargers deal seam lopsided.

Chargers Get
2nd round, No. 37: Eric Weddle, S, Utah

Bears Get
2nd round, No. 62: Dan Bazuin, DE, Central Michigan

3rd round, No. 93

5th round, No. 167

2008 3rd-round pick

McCown stinks and Mike Williams never lived up to potential. With that being said I am suprised he didnt get the fourth and another low round pick.

It was reported (ESPN?) that Al Davis has always been enamored with WR's out of USC so I figure he woulda given up a little more.

Is it me or does this Chargers deal seam lopsided.

Chargers Get
2nd round, No. 37: Eric Weddle, S, Utah

Bears Get
2nd round, No. 62: Dan Bazuin, DE, Central Michigan

3rd round, No. 93

5th round, No. 167

2008 3rd-round pick

Eric Weddle better be one hell of a player to give up that many picks for him.

So Millen is at it again ...
Detroit gets a fourth round pick for 2 players, one which may potentually start at QB, for awhile at least.

Great work Millen
How long is his contract for again ?

Jimbo

The only real suprise for me is that Detroit traded up into the 2nd round a second time to pick Gerald Alexander. This guy was rated as potentially a 5th round draft pick. I thought they would have been able to keep a 3rd and 4th round pick and still get this guy.

I have to agree with Boston. Good riddens to McCown and Williams. Williams has been a complete bust in the NFL so far. McCown or Kitna as a starter? It really doesn't make a difference so loosing one of them should not hurt the team any.

Well it looks like Millen F**KED this all up again. I have no problem with drafting Johnson, but I have a problem with keeping him. Millen was too greedy in what he wanted for Johnson, so we end up with a player who is not going to improve the win total to much. Second round pick Stanton should fit in well, considering he previously played for the Detroit Lions of the BIG TEN - MSU! Then Millen picks a couple of whodeybe's with the additional second round picks. Johnson would of been more help to a team looking for that piece to push them to the top. He may win us 2 more games, but that puts us right back in contentionfor a top 5 draft pick next year. Stanton may help in a couple years, but he certainly didn't change MSU's fortunes, did he. Jury is out on the other two picks, never heard of them. The botttom line is we added a game breaker, when we should have added players who could have helped us win NOW! I'm tired of losing. I am glad to see Mike Williams leave. He arrived here with an attitude of entitlement and I can't see him being of any help to anybody. Oakland gets a starting QB and a castoff and we get a 4th round pick - way to wheel and deal Matt.

First day grade - D

THE DETROIT LIONS - - REBUILDING SINCE 1957!

someone, please tell me what the fish were thinking when they drafted ginn? not that i'm a fish fan but that might have been the dumbest move they have ever made. and they've made a few!!!

How could they pass on Quinn? They must be serious about acquiring Trent Green from KC. But that certainly is not a long term answer. Best draft move of day 1 was probabily Cleveland getting Quinn and a left tackle to protect his backside.

Sals didn't see this one coming. Al Davis certainly saw Millen coming. A #10 pick and a possible short term starting QB for a fourth rd. pick. How does Millen keep his job?

I don't see this one being that bad of a move. You get rid of a guy that has not done anything for the team over the past couple of years. Oakland is a perfect fit for Williams.

paul, i was hearing saturday that the trent green deal is almost done. still, even if the fish did get him, how many good years has he got left? the guy plays well when he's healthy but he's injury prone.

don't know much about john beck. but lets be honest here, ever since marino retired, the fish haven't had a decent qb. and even marino never won a super bowl. ah, the glory days of shula, griese, and csonka (sp). i lost love for that team after the drove shula out for his hairness!!!

I don't see this one being that bad of a move. You get rid of a guy that has not done anything for the team over the past couple of years. Oakland is a perfect fit for Williams.

I'm all for getting rid of malcontents and ne'er - do - wells. I just don't think we got a good deal here. We gave them two starters and we got the 105th pick? Two years from now we won't even remember this guy's name. Millen is an a$$hole.

Maybe that is the best they could get for Williams. I would not consider McCown as a starter but I guess anybody can start for Detroit.

In two years you may be kissing Millen's ass if this deals turns out to be great. There are still a lot of good players that could be taken.

Maybe that is the best they could get for Williams. I would not consider McCown as a starter but I guess anybody can start for Detroit.

In two years you may be kissing Millen's ass if this deals turns out to be great. There are still a lot of good players that could be taken.

You got that backwards, McCoun will probably start for OAKLAND at least in the beginning.
I felt he never got a chance in Detroit, I really don't know why they traded for him.

Jimbo

You got that backwards, McCoun will probably start for OAKLAND at least in the beginning.
I felt he never got a chance in Detroit, I really don't know why they traded for him.

Jimbo

You think that McCown will start for the Raiders over Brooks?

To bad the Raiders don't have a good vetern that Russell can learn from. He may be their best QB and forced to start day one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)