NFL Football Now ala cart...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FlyingJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Bexley, Ohio
For all of those wanting NFL games ala cart I see they now have it on D*.
NOT the HD games just the SD. But whoa...$40. For everyone that complained about the cost of Sunday Ticket and Superfan I can here you screaming now....But, though I do have Sundat Ticket and Superfan I do believe that this is another good service, $40 is still a heck of a lot better than no game at all for those of you that wish to get a particular game.

They've had that option for a couple years now - I believe the result of a lawsuit or a special agreement with the NFL. Don't expect them to heavily promote it.

Don't apologize - D* doesn't advertise it at all. Most people don't know until they stumble on it at the D* website.

What do I search for to find this info and does this mean its $40 for one day of NFL Sunday Ticket?

Eventually, I think it will be where you can pay for YOUR teams games, I see that AFTER D* no longer has exclusive rights to the games.

Just my opinion, I have nothing in writing .............

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
Eventually, I think it will be where you can pay for YOUR teams games, I see that AFTER D* no longer has exclusive rights to the games.

Jimbo

This is what I woudl prefer....just buy a season pass for a specific team. I really don't need all the games. I just need my team.

Now firstly nothing is set in stone at this point but it looks like next year customers might be able to get NFL Sunday Ticket without needing to get a total choice package. Also some interesting news is that they might also allow just the NFL Sunday Ticket subscription to be mirrored to extra boxes for an extra 5 bucks per month per extra box. I'm also hearing that all boxes must have a phone line connected no questions asked or they will shut the service off until you phone home. If you have DirecTV service such as total choice they will still be willing to let that slide for the most part.

From what I hear is that they are losing both total choice and Sunday Ticket subs to areas with Verizon lately and they are starting to get killed by Comcast with their nice bundled packages for 12-16 months. So I think that because they can't get new customers in enough volume in addition to losing existing customers they are at a point that they need as much money as they can get so its better to take 300 per year from a customer than nothing at all. If they can get nearly a pure profit mirror fee of 10 bucks total per month from Sunday Ticket only customers they can put that money directly to paying their Sunday Ticket cost. Again for a customer that wants Sunday Ticket in three rooms that would be an extra 40 bucks a year.

I would pay the extra mirror fees for those two extra boxes if I could get Sunday Ticket without other programming. Right now with Verizon and other companies ramping up their offerings I won't settle for less programming with higher costs just for Sunday Ticket. Most of my viewing is cable tv based viewing with HDTV as a focus and not Sunday Ticket so for me Sunday Ticket will be watched at my local Mugs and Jugs for the future. Add in about 50 wings and five bottles of beer for five bucks and I'm set as stone. Nothing better than beer and wings. Well maybe beer and crabs might be better.

LonghornXP said:
Now firstly nothing is set in stone at this point but it looks like next year customers might be able to get NFL Sunday Ticket without needing to get a total choice package. Also some interesting news is that they might also allow just the NFL Sunday Ticket subscription to be mirrored to extra boxes for an extra 5 bucks per month per extra box. I'm also hearing that all boxes must have a phone line connected no questions asked or they will shut the service off until you phone home. If you have DirecTV service such as total choice they will still be willing to let that slide for the most part.

From what I hear is that they are losing both total choice and Sunday Ticket subs to areas with Verizon lately and they are starting to get killed by Comcast with their nice bundled packages for 12-16 months. So I think that because they can't get new customers in enough volume in addition to losing existing customers they are at a point that they need as much money as they can get so its better to take 300 per year from a customer than nothing at all. If they can get nearly a pure profit mirror fee of 10 bucks total per month from Sunday Ticket only customers they can put that money directly to paying their Sunday Ticket cost. Again for a customer that wants Sunday Ticket in three rooms that would be an extra 40 bucks a year.

I would pay the extra mirror fees for those two extra boxes if I could get Sunday Ticket without other programming. Right now with Verizon and other companies ramping up their offerings I won't settle for less programming with higher costs just for Sunday Ticket. Most of my viewing is cable tv based viewing with HDTV as a focus and not Sunday Ticket so for me Sunday Ticket will be watched at my local Mugs and Jugs for the future. Add in about 50 wings and five bottles of beer for five bucks and I'm set as stone. Nothing better than beer and wings. Well maybe beer and crabs might be better.

Oh, got scared for a second there. Phone line only for SUNDAY TICKET ONLY suscribers.

I'm thinking about grabbing Sunday Ticket next year just to be able to watch all the games.

tmbstone said:
What do I search for to find this info and does this mean its $40 for one day of NFL Sunday Ticket?

I saw it on the information screen on a game last Sunday. It was set up like a PPV movie purchase.

Still to much to pay for a single game or even a single week's games. They can keep their over priced ST package. After having it since it's inception, I have dropped it because of the outragious price increase this year.

before i got ST, i used to think that all I needed where just the packers games that my locals didn't show. but now that i've had it a few weeks, i really like the whole package. especially with my setup where i watch the main game on the plasma, then have a second receiver hooked up to a projector blowing up the gamemix channel onto my wall.

LonghornXP said:
Now firstly nothing is set in stone at this point but it looks like next year customers might be able to get NFL Sunday Ticket without needing to get a total choice package.

I've got a friend who's been doing exactly that for (at least) the past 4 years. After his TC commitment ended, he dropped it but never dropped ST. He only gets billed during the 4-month ST payment period.

One year he even forgot to make the (3) final ST payments, but they never canceled him and he's still getting ST-only this season.

LonghornXP said:
From what I hear is that they are losing both total choice and Sunday Ticket subs to areas with Verizon lately and they are starting to get killed by Comcast with their nice bundled packages for 12-16 months...

Sorry for the newbie question, but when referring to Verizon, are you saying that Verizon has another TV offering besides their partnership with D*?

I'm confused as how D* is losing TC and ST subscribers to areas with Verizon.

I'm wondering because I live in a Verizon phone area and if there is something better than D*, I might switch. Thanks.

Jimbos said:

Jimbo
What makes you think D* will have NFL after their exclusive contract is up, Comcast and Verizon will drop down a ton of money for the next exclusive NFL deal.

yep3636 said:
Sorry for the newbie question, but when referring to Verizon, are you saying that Verizon has another TV offering besides their partnership with D*?

I'm confused as how D* is losing TC and ST subscribers to areas with Verizon.

I'm wondering because I live in a Verizon phone area and if there is something better than D*, I might switch. Thanks.

My quote had nothing todo with the D* partnership with Verizon. Right now D* has a billing partnership with Verizon for just a bundled discount. Verizon FIOS has nothing todo with DirecTV. Verizon FIOS is a brand new TV service from Verizon that doesn't have the same programming as D*. Verizon FIOS is a direct fiber run to your home that can give you true VOD, all digital lineup, wicked fast internet.

Right now Verizon has way more HD programming than D* with the best picture quality for both SD and HD than any company out today. If you think Vooms picture quality was the best than wait until Verizon installs fiber in your area. Again you must note that to get FIOS TV service Verizon must replace all the copper wiring for every area within your local central office. Once this is done you can order the service at which time a Verizon crew would come out and replace the copper cables from your nearby switching box and they would most likely dig up your yard to install that new fiber.

I said the above to just show how different FIOS TV will be.

roachxp said:
What makes you think D* will have NFL after their exclusive contract is up, Comcast and Verizon will drop down a ton of money for the next exclusive NFL deal.

Comcast, Verizon, and Time Warner all passed on the NFL ST this last year. D* announced in November 2004 that their exclusive contract had been extended thru the 2010 season along with the creation of the SFan stuff.

I ran into a Time Warner local salesman and he couldn't understand why the cable community, which wanted ST last time contracts came up, didn't care at all this year. He guessed too expensive.

My guess is that this will also mean no order by team or by division options anytime soon. sigh.

Cheers,
Tom

tibber said:
Comcast, Verizon, and Time Warner all passed on the NFL ST this last year. D* announced in November 2004 that their exclusive contract had been extended thru the 2010 season along with the creation of the SFan stuff.

I ran into a Time Warner local salesman and he couldn't understand why the cable community, which wanted ST last time contracts came up, didn't care at all this year. He guessed too expensive.

My guess is that this will also mean no order by team or by division options anytime soon. sigh.

Cheers,
Tom

Again why won't people get this correct. DirecTV had the first option to renew this package. If D* didn't renew it than the other companies could bid for it. Because D* renewed their deal it was over at that point and the other companies never had a shot to outbid D*.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts