Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 7, 2003
Pacific Coast
SUNDAY (9/25)

CBS DOUBLEHEADER
1pm ET/10am PT
Cincinnati (2-0) at Chicago (1-1)--Kevin Harlan, Randy Cross -HD (1080i)
Cleveland (1-1) at Indianapolis (2-0)--Don Criqui, Steve Tasker
Jacksonville (1-1) at NY Jets (1-1)--Gus Johnson, Brent Jones
Oakland (0-2) at Philadelphia (1-1)--Dick Enberg, Dan Dierdorf, Armen Keteyian -HD (1080i)
Tennessee (1-1) at St. Louis (1-1)--Ian Eagle, Solomon Wilcots

4:15pm ET/1:15pm PT
New England (1-1) at Pittsburgh (2-0)--Jim Nantz, Phil Simms, Bonnie Bernstein -HD (1080i)

FOX/FOX-HD (720p)
1pm ET/10am PT
Atlanta (1-1) at Buffalo (1-1)--Sam Rosen, Bill Maas, Chris Myers
Tampa Bay (2-0) at Green Bay (0-2)--Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Pam Oliver
Carolina (1-1) at Miami (1-1)--Kenny Albert, Biran Baldinger. Jay Glaser
New Orleans (1-1) at Minnesota (0-2)--Ron Pitts, Tim Ryan

4pm ET/1pm PT
Dallas (1-1) at San Francisco (1-1)--Dick Stockton, Daryl Johnston, Tony Siragusa
Arizona (0-2) at Seattle (1-1)--Curt Menefee, JC Pearson

ESPN/ESPN-HD (720p)
8:30pm ET/5:30pm PT
NY Giants (2-0) at San Diego (0-2)--Mike Patrick, Joe Thiesmann, Paul Maguire, Suzy Kolber

MONDAY (9/26)
ABC/ABC-HD (720p)
9pm ET/6pm PT
Kansas City (2-0) at Denver (1-1)--Al Michaels, John Madden, Samantha Ryan

IDLE: Baltimore, Detroit, Houston, Washington

Check this map for Week 3 for distribution of NFL games. Map information is courtesy of JPKirby.

korsjs said:
it is nice to see cbs stepping up their effort with three games in hd this week.

CBS does three NFL games in HD every week. Of course, some markets may not see them.

I will agree with but take the opposite of that - 6 games on Fox of HD Lite. I would rather watch the True HD on CBS even if it is not my team than watching the Fox HD Lite if it was my team. Quality vs Quantity.

the fox hD games while not as good as CBS is a lot better than SD, you are crazy...

cdru said:
The markets for particular games just look strange. For instance, take the early CBS games. Why does the Little Rock area care about the JAX/NYJ game, or Odessa/Midland TX care about the CIN/CHI game? The Fox schedule looks just as weird.

if you lived in arkansas you'd know that its all because of Matt Jones. and since the only other thing dealing with the NFL people here like are the Cowboys, which our Fox local has. So, everything being equal, its a no-brainer for the local CBS affiliate to show the local boy who "done good."

of course, this also explains why I have NFL:ST since I can't stand the Cowboys and the Jags game is invariably carried in stunning CBS SD

The Bengals in HD and 3-0!!! WOOHOO! It looked great. I was amazed though that I still saw some artifacting on real fast moves. I received the signal via OTA rabbit ears and an ATSC tuner card on my computer.

I also found the graphics annoying since they are placed in the "middle" of the HD picture for standard TV transmissions.

GO BENGALS!!!!

See ya
Tony

Sean Mota said:
I guess you are a quantity guy... I always go for quality... :) and that is not crazy. ;)

mota, i was under the impression that P is better for sports and I. i personally find the CBS picture flickery, hazy, and washed out. Fox seems smoother and has more color. I'll take a good Fox game over a good CBS game any day. Part of that though is that I find its presented much better than CBS, too... with the graphics, etc.

but thats definately not to say that 480p is better than 1080i... :)

oh, and speaking of quality vs quantity, since each frame in 720p has more "quality" than each frame in 1080i, should that mean YOU'RE the quantity guy? LOL.

maybe 1080p will make the whole thing moot :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)