NFL Network: 60 Hours of Super Bowl In HDTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
http://www.tvpredictions.com/nflhd012507.htm

The lineup will include 55 hours of live coverage.
By Phillip Swann

Washington, D.C. (January 25, 2007) -- NFL Network HD will broadcast 60 hours of special High-Definition coverage of the 2007 Super Bowl.

NFL Network HD is available on EchoStar, Verizon and select Comcast and Cox systems. DIRECTV has also agreed to carry the network's Super Bowl HD coverage on its channel 95.

The network's Super Bowl lineup will include:

* The arrival of the Indianapolis Colts and Chicago Bears in Miami, the site of the game on Feb. 4;

* A backstage look at the game's media center;

* Live press conferences with the coaches and players.

* A Hall of Fame announcement;

* Commissioner Roger Goodell's press conference;

* Special performances by the rock musician Prince and the Cirque de Soleil.

The NFL Network also plans to air five hours of live coverage of 'Media Day' on Tuesday, January 30, and a live 3 1/2 hour pre-game on Super Bowl Sunday.

This should not even be news. A high definition channel dedicated to nfl football SHOULD have all this stuff in high definition. It would be embarrassing for them not to.

Too bad they do not also broadcast the game! That would be the only way for me to see it in HD.

Me too Bob, since Dish took away my CBS-HD along with the other DNS. What really sucks is Burlington VT finally launched their digital feeds OTA and I can't get a single percent of signal on a single of their stations. And of course Dish had VT DMA on their HD LiLs list and that was BS too.

This should not even be news. A high definition channel dedicated to nfl football SHOULD have all this stuff in high definition. It would be embarrassing for them not to.

At least it is showing they're taking a step in the right direction with their non-sporting event coverage in HD.

I live in a town of less than 2000 people and I get to watch the game in HD. You would think you people in bigger towns would have better access to OTA. I'm about 30 miles from Gainesville, FL but the CBS tower is halfway between here and Gainesville, so it's only about 13 miles from me.

Edit: Actually it's 16.7 miles according to Antennaweb

I'm happy it is on CBS this year, it comes in best out of all the locals, never an issue OTA. I will check out the NFL HD channel to see what's up and enjoy every high def minute.

I agree with the poster that said this should not be news. Why isn't everything (or at lease almost everything) on this channel in HD?

I was hoping that they delved in to the NFL films archives and remastered all of the previous superbowls in HDTV. Heck you know that there isn't a single second of SuperBowl action that isn't captured by at least 3 NFL:Films footage angles.

I agree with the poster that said this should not be news. Why isn't everything (or at lease almost everything) on this channel in HD?

It's interesting in school you could be expelled for cutting and pasting other's information as your own.

Of course, if you are BSwammi, its standard operational procedure to take Press Releases and release them as your own - even his mouthpiece, Poke, attributes it back to his hero.

the Senior Bowl in Mpeg4 right now doesn't look nearly as good as I'd hoped. I haven't watched nflhd much before the switch (just checking it out now to see PQ differences), and it looks like it is pixellating pretty badly and isn't very sharp.

Hope espn2 looks better than this.

It's interesting in school you could be expelled for cutting and pasting other's information as your own.

Of course, if you are BSwammi, its standard operational procedure to take Press Releases and release them as your own - even his mouthpiece, Poke, attributes it back to his hero.

Sorry, I'll never agree with anyone ever again... :rolleyes:

Prince is supposed to be doing a pre-Super Bowl press conference Thursday at 12 Noon ET on the NFL Network that includes a performance.

http://www.prince.org/msg/7/215807
http://nab.broadcastnewsroom.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=98880

EDIT: NFL.com has the halftime show press conference slotted from 2:30-3:30 p.m. ET.

http://www.superbowl.com/features/live_events

EDIT #2: I just watched a late-night re-broadcast of the previous evening's NFL Total Access on the NFL Channel and they stated the Prince event as being at Noon ET Thursday, so I guess I would suggest anyone recording it to kind of keep a wide time frame in mind.

Last edited:
I am liking the routine shows are finally in HD. Total access looks fantastic, not all squished and blocky. I hope they keep it going after the SP, it is an HD channel with hardly any HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts