NFL Network Dispute Thread 2 - For facts, news and new info (Adult thread)

TheLip

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 24, 2016
Greendale IN (Lawrenceburg, IN)
I am very interested in the NFL network dispute and sincerely hope this gets settled and the NFL Network and RedZone return to DISH.

Sadly, I felt compelled to create a new thread in the hope that we could leave the arguing and BS behind and present facts, updates, and new news that becomes available rather than the 11-page mess of arguing the original thread turned into.

I don't know...call me an optimist.;)

(I am definitely not a Steelers fan.)
Your loss. :D

MLB started with the right idea by creating a single-team subscription option, but at just $25 less than the full package price, still missed the mark.

I suspect the NFL won't offer any other subscription options at least until the current contract with DTV expires in 2022.

Reactions: DWS44
With no facts just my reading of the different articles it starts to sound like there is no attempt at this time for the NFL channel to return. I may be reading too much into it or it's what I first posted, the NFL network has never had push-back on their cost so this is new for them and will take time to get resolved.

Your loss. :D

MLB started with the right idea by creating a single-team subscription option, but at just $25 less than the full package price, still missed the mark.

I suspect the NFL won't offer any other subscription options at least until the current contract with DTV expires in 2022.

Your right on that!. The NFL is greedy almost mafia like organization. I don't recall what Directv paid the NFL for Sunday Ticket through 2022 but I am sure the NFL did quite well on that deal. Having all games for what the Sunday Ticket costs, means more money paid by DIrectv to the NFL for the only video provider of it. I would love to have an option to watch a certain team only for the season. I only watch Green Bay so I don't care about the other games. Is Directv making money on Sunday Ticket by giving it away free?. Making new subs sign a 2 year contract means guaranteed money for them and the customer is less likely to cancel due to the high ETF. So I guess it makes sense for them to give it free to new subs. Hopefully DIsh gets it back for you guys, having Redzone is great. With Direct, it's an extra fee which it should come with ST without paying extra. Actually I know a couple of people who have Redzone through Comcast and love it.

There is no need to take out a 2nd mortgage to pay for Sunday Ticket. It's just nuts how much it is now. If Directv just offered Redzone for maybe $30-$45 a season, I would just get that and dump ST. I need ST to watch my Packer games which a decent amount are broadcast OTA in my market but not all the games.

Reactions: TheLip and Tampa8
I got the NFL season ticket for this year(2016-17), it was $160....about $10 a Sunday...no mortgages and I payed for it over 8 months on my bill which was an option also...

With no facts just my reading of the different articles it starts to sound like there is no attempt at this time for the NFL channel to return. I may be reading too much into it or it's what I first posted, the NFL network has never had push-back on their cost so this is new for them and will take time to get resolved.
It's sounds that way to me as well.
I don't believe either side Dish or NFL care.
I always liked the channel ,simply for the history of the game, plus the old games, and I like their news better, because ESPN is a pain in the butt if Baseball is still going on and any other sport.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: osu1991 and Tampa8
I don't know. Does the 20M subscriber count include commercial accounts?

vvv Go away, gnat. vvv

Last edited:
The price of watching sports is getting ridiculous. Im temporarily on Comcast so this don't affect me. I also get games from Ohio and West Virginia. Long live the antenna! Who knows. Maybe someday they'll try to find a way for us to pay for that.

Reactions: jamesjimcie
I don't know. Does the 20M subscriber count include commercial accounts?

vvv Go away, gnat. vvv
Just so we are all on the same page , NFL ST cost me $7000 to have it at the restaurant.

Commercial establishments pay by restaurant capacity.
And it also depends on the type of business
I believe the cheapest commercial restaurant NFL ST package is $2500 and I think that's for less than 50 people capacity.

I don't know how many commercial accounts there are.
But I believe TGIF, Applebee's, Damon's, and Ruby Tuesday chains have NFL ST.

So trust me , the vast majority of Directv customers aren't paying a Dime monthly to have ST.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

If this channel doesn't make its way back to Dish before September I'm not sure what I'll do. I switched from DTV and ST a year and a half ago because the cost of NFLST got too high, even with the discounts. That and the fact that more and more Sunday games got pulled to other networks. Dish with Red Zone was the perfect sweet spot but if that doesn't return there really is no good alternative. Pay lots of $$ each year for ST or stay with Dish and only get local games. That and my ETF would be very high because we just moved and had to re-up with a new 2 yr contract.

Reactions: TheLip
If this channel doesn't make its way back to Dish before September I'm not sure what I'll do. I switched from DTV and ST a year and a half ago because the cost of NFLST got too high, even with the discounts. That and the fact that more and more Sunday games got pulled to other networks. Dish with Red Zone was the perfect sweet spot but if that doesn't return there really is no good alternative. Pay lots of $$ each year for ST or stay with Dish and only get local games. That and my ETF would be very high because we just moved and had to re-up with a new 2 yr contract.

It's too early to know if NFLN will return to DISH, to me there seems like there is no urgency on either side maybe because it's June/July. But the good news is you have time to decide what to do if there is anything you need to do. We don't know what the dispute is about. That sweet spot you mention (and it is) may be what the NFL wants to make not so sweet.... :)

Reactions: TheLip

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)