nfl network hd not on americas top 100

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

englandman44601

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
alliance ohio
well i guess i have to upgrade to americas top 200 to get it what bs. and they took away all them voom channels. i used to get big ten hd too. i wish dish would stop taking away channels.

Yep, been like this for a while.

And while some still want to blame the Dish, you can thank the NFL for breaking it's contract. Dish agreed to carry it an AT100, and in exchange, NFL Network would have a number of exclusive games. But when the Pats and Giants played for the Pats 16-0 record, the NFL offered it up to whoever wanted to carry it. As such, Dish reverted to the old contract that had it on AT200.

And while some still want to blame the Dish, you can thank the NFL for breaking it's contract. Dish agreed to carry it an AT100, and in exchange, NFL Network would have a number of exclusive games. But when the Pats and Giants played for the Pats 16-0 record, the NFL offered it up to whoever wanted to carry it. As such, Dish reverted to the old contract that had it on AT200.

I agree with dish for that. Not so much the move to a different package, because that just hurt the customers who lost it, but nfl net didnt deliver on it's promise to have exclusive games.
I wonder if they had the small print like dish, "programming and channels are subject to change at any time";)

So... for responding to a national outcry for coverage of the game by allowing ONE game with great historical significance to be broadcast on other carriers, Dish felt the need to screw over their customers and force them to upgrade their package to get this station? Sounds rather childish to me on E*'s part. E* didn't punish the NFL Network by doing this; they punished their own customers.

So... for responding to a national outcry for coverage of the game by allowing ONE game with great historical significance to be broadcast on other carriers, Dish felt the need to screw over their customers and force them to upgrade their package to get this station? Sounds rather childish to me on E*'s part. E* didn't punish the NFL Network by doing this; they punished their own customers.

Yes it punishes NFL Network. With the switch, they write the NFL a much smaller check.

If Dish doesn't enforce its contracts, networks will get the idea they can screw Dish over. Not good. I bet Dish were getting a ton of installs that were suddenly canceled when everyone discovered they could just catch the game on their local network.

Yes it punishes NFL Network. With the switch, they write the NFL a much smaller check.

If Dish doesn't enforce its contracts, networks will get the idea they can screw Dish over. Not good. I bet Dish were getting a ton of installs that were suddenly canceled when everyone discovered they could just catch the game on their local network.
Yeah, and we all know that the NFL is really suffering for business.
Fact is though that it just makes Dish look even worse to their customers. The last thing they should be doing now is removing stations or forcing people to pay more for things. My point is that during a time of incredible circumstances, the NFL Network did what they thought was right. Why should all the E* customers in that tier suffer over a harsh interpretation that E* decided to be judge, jury, and executioner on?

it does hurt the nfl being in the t200. advertisers pay for commerical airtime based upon amount of expected viewers. all the subscribers to the t100 package are now longer in that amout available viewers and it lowers the value of air time.

I think E* moving the NFL network to the top 200 certainly means E* will pay them less but in the grand scheme of things, (financially speaking) this means next to nothing to the NFL. It does, however, mean a great deal to Dish subscribers.

Yes, believe it or not there are some of us who could give a rat's ass about football. I could go into a rather lengthy rant here (almost did! :D ) but I'll save it.

Yes, believe it or not there are some of us who could give a rat's ass about football. I could go into a rather lengthy rant here (almost did! :D ) but I'll save it.

That's why there's all those other channels. They're there so those that don't follow football can amuse themselves during gametime. Incidentally, I read somewhere that the NFL network will eventually have 16 games during the season although this is probably a couple of years away.

well i guess i have to upgrade to americas top 200 to get it what bs. and they took away all them voom channels. i used to get big ten hd too. i wish dish would stop taking away channels.
BTN was a test for the entire country. The service was never intended to be viewed outside of Big ten school areas.
NFL Network has a per subscriber cost that mandates the channel be on a higher tier.

Actually Congress went after the NFL to allow the games to be shown OTA in the TV territories of the two teams participating in the NFL Net games. Now Congress is going to the NFL again asking that NFL Net games be shown in the tv markets of cities where the teams have traditional allegiances.
My thinking is because of the release of those games OTA in the TV markets of the teams E* saw the channel to have less value so E* mobved the service back to the AT 200..
What bothers me about this is the cable co's are crying foul and demandingNFL place the channel on basic tiers. The other thing that bugs me is the NFL has for a very long time been a free tv product. Ok so it's on ESPN. That service is in 90+million homes...But the NFL Network has limited exposure.
The NFL knows it is the King of all sports properties and they can do just about anyhting they wish. Every so often Congress threatens the NFL with looking into their anti trust exemption. It is usually then the NFL negotiates a deal.

Is the Browns game on a major network or is it on one a CW or My TV channel....What about OTA reception?

If one of the teams involved is in your local market, then you get the game for free on an OTA channel. This goes for all the Thursday Night games on NFL Network, and all the Monday Night Football games on ESPN

So this weekend, Both Denver and Cleveland get the game for free, whether or not tey have NFL Network or not.

And it might be in HD. The local channel carrying the game may carry the HD feed.

In Cleveland, I am not sure which station will carry it. Probably the local CBS station , since this is Clevelands local Brown Network.

WOIO-CBS may have the HD feed Thursday. Don't be surprised.

But if live in NC, Piedmont, or anywhere else in the country you better have the NFL Network to view the game. ;)

According to the EPG, the game is on the local MNTV affiliate WUAB 43. No HD through satellite (not on DirecTV either), butthey do have a good Digital sigal. Hopefully they will have the HD feed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)