NFL Network HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

raymo721

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
I was wondering if the Broncos, Chiefs game Thanksgiving night will be broadcast in HD on the NFL channel 212. The guide does not show it as a HD broadcast but the promos show it as one. If not, what channel will the HD broadcast be on? Tks---Ray

According to info about a month or so ago, it was said that DirecTV would carry the live HD games that the NFL Network has on Thursday nights; likely in the special event numbers of the 90's and hitting the EPG 36-48 hours or so before the game. The vast majority of the remaining NFL Network programming is only SD, or replays, so no need to see that 24/7. BUT I guess we will wait and see.

Last edited:
D* web site says the game is on channel 93...not sure if that is a typo or not,
but that's what it says(could also be 95?)
and no you don't need a Sunday ticket sub.

Check the NFL Week 12 Schedule post on this forum. DIRECTV will be carrying the NFLNET games (HD variety) on channel 93.

You generally won't this early. Just be patient; it can be between 24-48 before game time before the EPG shows it.

93 might have been a typo, but thanks to DF we see it WILL be on, opposed to what all the naysayers have been spouting for 8 weeks ; guess I will go into the den and look at mine.

Charper,
Last night it was listed on my guide (HR20-700) as being on 95, but tonight 95 says Title Unavailable, well scrach that, it's back to the correct listings again.

Jimbo

Maybe Channel 95-at least here?

We are in Horseshoe Bay this weekend where we still have D*. Our TiVo guide shows "Upcoming Broncos vs. Chiefs" in HD on Channel 95, starting at 7 PM CST.

I presume this is available to everyone because we do not have the NFL Season Ticket here and our guide shows we can get it.

We'll be hopefully tuning in. Hope everyone sees a nice DirecTV HD Lite game on Channel 95! Or not. I think this is one of those D* things where it just shows up, or doesn't, and it's a surprise, like when they started TNT HD.

Unbelievable isn't it? Hope all outside the local team markets can see the game in HD. It should be a good one.

Happy Thanksgiving, guys!

All of the above statements have been addressed many times before; this game is national, non-ST, and has been told it WOULD be on in HD since about week 2 (all the naysayers cast the doubts) and we all knew it would also be on SD NFL Net for those people without HD; so no need for all the negative and speculative sounding "tweak" remark/questions. And we sure didn't need another TIRED HD Lite comment. Just sit back and enjoy the game, family, friends and your food.

My EPG still shows it on 95, and their online web guide is still 95 also, but its only 11 am still time for them to change it I guess.

The Zap2it web guide shows nothing on 93 or 95; they are Tribune which is where I think DirecTV still buys their EPG data from. I am not sure if Zap2it ever updates the special events listing online.

All of the above statements have been addressed many times before; this game is national, non-ST, and has been told it WOULD be on in HD since about week 2 (all the naysayers cast the doubts) and we all knew it would also be on SD NFL Net for those people without HD; so no need for all the negative and speculative sounding "tweak" remark/questions. And we sure didn't need another TIRED HD Lite comment. Just sit back and enjoy the game, family, friends and your food.

I am as TIRED of TIRED head in the sand D* is always O.K. White Knights as you apparently are of HD Lite accurate observations.:hatsoff:

The bad news-HD Lite. The good news-HD Lite on 95 and we can watch it. Time Warner subscribers can't.

I am as TIRED of TIRED head in the sand D* is always O.K. White Knights as you apparently are of HD Lite accurate observations.:hatsoff:

The bad news-HD Lite. The good news-HD Lite on 95 and we can watch it. Time Warner subscribers can't.

I was about to complain that although we do get it on DTV, the sound is out of sync, and then it fixed itself. Darn it, now I can't complain! :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)