Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SatelliteGuys.US has just confirmed with Dish Network that the NFL Network will be removed from the Dish Network AT100 package this Wednesday.

The NFL Network (and NFL Network HD) will still be available in the AT200 Package and Higher (and the HD version is available with any HD package and the AT200 package or higher.)

Got to admit this surprises me, since they were advertising heavily that NFL Network was available in all AT Packages. I guess that won't be accurate anymore after Wednesday.

Got to admit this surprises me, since they were advertising heavily that NFL Network was available in all AT Packages. I guess that won't be accurate anymore after Wednesday.
Given how many conventional network games are offered during the regular season and that you have to be pretty hard core to watch them over and over again in the off-season, I'm not all that surprised that it isn't part of the basic package.

If I subscribed to AT100, I wouldn't want to think I was paying for NFL Network. Then again, I don't even trip over the NFL network when I'm surfing.

I would assume they raised their rates to Dish some way or the other.

FYI... I think NFL Network was always supposed to be on the second tier (i.e. AT200) but there was a dispute.

Here is what I have on the change logs of the channel cart:

9/2/05
The NFL channel is now available to subscribers on channel 154. It is also available part time in HD on channel 9464 both at 110°. There is no official release, but it looks like these channels are available to AT120 and higher subscribers.

9/7/05
Dish's web site shows that NFL Network is in the AT120 package. (ANON/Brian post on DBSTalk and Satelliteguys)

Press Release 6/26/06
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....208&highlight=
Beginning July 13, NFL Network will be available to DISH Network customers on Channel 154 on the America's Top 60 package ($29.99 per month) or above. NFL Network has been located on DISH Network Channel 154 since last September and is currently available to customers subscribing to America's Top 120 package or above.

7/13/06
The NFL Network channel 154 is now apparently available on AT60 and higher packages. This channel was AT120 and higher until today. (ANON)

See ya
Tony

BTW this channel will not leave AT100 in the afternoon, instead this channel is scheduled to leave the AT100 package at 1am Mountain Time (which is Early Thursday Morning)

I have two questions:
1. Hasn't the NFL been asking people to e-mail their providers so this could be a basic channel?
2. Could this move be a pre-cursor to other changes this Wednesday?

Isn't the same thing going to happen to the Big Ten Network? I think the deal may have been that NFL network was sampled in AT100 and eventually would move to AT 200.

Another possibility is that Dish negotiated "Most-favored nation" terms. That is that if someone else got a better deal, Dish would get it as well.

So maybe one of the big cable companies like TW is getting a new deal soon with new terms, and that the dish move is part of that.

Isn't the same thing going to happen to the Big Ten Network? I think the deal may have been that NFL network was sampled in AT100 and eventually would move to AT 200.

Another possibility is that Dish negotiated "Most-favored nation" terms. That is that if someone else got a better deal, Dish would get it as well.

So maybe one of the big cable companies like TW is getting a new deal soon with new terms, and that the dish move is part of that.

Dish is about to end it's free preview of BTN. It will go regional sometime this month. I like this channel and would like to have it. Some have said that for a monthly fee we can keep it. I wonder how much, if this is the case.

That would be nice if they struck a deal with TWC and Comcast to place The NFL Network on basic or expanded basic cable, and this move is to counter that.

I really doubt it, but it would be nice.

I have a Dish NOW! prepaid setup(got it dirt cheap from someone wanting to get rid of it at a garage sale), installed it myself, and use it like a PPV/A La Carte service.

I have TWC for expanded basic(and local HD channels, along with an antenna for more distant OTA stations), and use the DishNOW!/YA! setup as a SUPPLEMENT for the channels I do not receive.

I like too watch boxing on HBO, and Showtime. They have some good title and non title fights(granted the best are usually reserved for PPV, and this is not available on this type of setup YET, but could be down the road).

I simply prepay for one or two days of HBO or Showtime(using the Greendot MoneyPak) and watch the fight for about $1-$2(this includes taxes), and maybe catch a movie or two if it looks like soemthing I would like to watch.

Definitely would not pay a monthly fee on ANY of those premiums though. Way too little content to interest me. The movies are repeated to much for me to justify the monthly cost of any them.

I be doing this again this weekend with the Heavyweight Unification Title fight on Saturday, Feb. 23 at 10:00pm, which is on HBO. It also looks like they have an interesting documentary about Joe Louis which I would like to see.

Definitely worth $1-$2, but not $16/month, but that is just me.

Anyway, I did the same thing this past fall/winter with the games on the NFL network in November.

I would sign up for a day or two of AT100, and watch the NFL game that Thursday night, Then let it go until the next week.

If that game seemed interesting. Out of the 8 shown this year, I only actually watched 4 of them. The other half were DUDS, that is for sure. But that could change next year. You never know.

It just looks like it may cost me a little more to do this, but it is still worth it IMHO.

Good supplement, and about as close as one can get to A la Carte programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)