NFL Network Leaving AT100 Package

And pay another $6 per month to E*

It's all about choices. It's a choice to buy service from Dish, or Direct, or Comcast, or...If you don't like one, go to another (and they are all probably doing the same thing too). If you don't want them knowing. Pay the money to keep your secrets or dump all service period. Your choice!

It's all about choices. It's a choice to buy service from Dish, or Direct, or Comcast, or...If you don't like one, go to another (and they are all probably doing the same thing too). If you don't want them knowing. Pay the money to keep your secrets or dump all service period. Your choice!
I know D* does it ,but if you unplug your phone line with them ,They don't charge you either!Pretty soon E* is going to have a Remote Control Fee! For $6 a month you can use your remote!

I sent a complaint to the BBB in Colorado for false advertizement by Dish and suggest all who want to do the same. Funny also I just got my bill in the mail yeterday and the laminated card still had the NFL Network listed in the 100 package. The crackerheads didn't even remove it yet.

Just wanted to point this out as stated in the Dish customer service agreement. We reserve the right to add, delete, rearrange and/or change any and all programming, programming packages and other Services that we offer, and our prices and fees related to such programming, programming packages and Services at any time, including without limitation during any term agreement period to which you have agreed under the terms and conditions of any other agreement with DISH Network.

The other part says that they will notify you if such a change happens, in that case a scroll on the channel is enough.

I have the top 250 so i am not effected by this change and i do feel for the ones that have had NFL for over 2 years. Dish is not handling this issue very well at all, programming changes happen and to be honest not all the reasons for a change should be made public knowledge, but letting customers belive that this was a free preview of NFL network is streching the truth just a little bit.

It just generates a confusing message for all of us and in some cases further fuels the fustration some have with Dish and their programming desisions.

I wouldn't have had a problem with it if they would have at least gave notice that they were going to make a move. The lying and deception would piss off anyone IMHO.. They should in good faith put the channel back on the free preview channel for a while, and state that it will be for a certain amount of time, then that way ease the pain on many fronts. Also no suprizes this time. But will they do it? Me thinks not because of arrogance.

I was solicited to buy Dish earlier this month, I specifically asked about the NFL network as I have it from Direct TV as an ongoing offering and did not want to give it up in the move. I was assured it was included. I had several conversations before committing. I went through the process of signing up and was given a installation date of yesterday.

After the installer left I looked at my reference guide that was given me and punched up the NFL network. There must be a mistake. I called them, They told me it wasn't included. I do not know how this company can legally do this to its customers. You buy a service because of its inclusions. So, I think this practice violates long term viewer's agreements with Dish unless your contract is expired, its a strong armed attempt to extract higher fees for just one channel.

Direct TV has not canceled service for its subscribers of NFL network. Once you bought it they honor it. I know this because last fall I order local channels for a month. They told me I would lose my old deal which they no longer offer and would have to pay mored for similar service if I altered my original service. Then they gave me a few months to cancel and reverted my plan back to what I had before. They did.

What Dish did with me was simple solicitation fraud. Their anticipatory behavior is intentional because they never once informed me that they where no longer having this offering in the service I was buying, but issued me a listing of offerings that included it when they installed it.

I have written them to inform them they will provide me the service I was sold, or they can pay me to void their obligation they illegally misrepresented. The contract they made with me was under false representation and was a fraud.

The NFL network needs to step up to the plate and stop all this madness they have created in the cable and satellite markets, they have a great network we all enjoy. But the perfume is getting thicker with the public, and they will suffer the public dis-stain for these practices. If they continue to allow greedy practices like these to be associated with their network, they will drive people like me away from the game. I once was a big Baseball fan, but I can't even turn it on now. After the last greedy strike I just lost interest completely and never returned.

My HD antenna is looking better all the time, NFL total access is broadcast on a local station and with a recorder I can tape it to watch any old time.

P

My HD antenna is looking better all the time, NFL total access is broadcast on a local station and with a recorder I can tape it to watch any old time.

P
Here's an idea: downgrade to the HD Only package from Dish for $29.99/month (another $5/month for locals if you want). Includes the NFL Network in HD, and a bunch of other HD channels. And you can still use your OTA antenna with it. :)

And :welcome

"Beginning July 13, NFL Network will be available to DISH Network customers on Channel 154 on the America's Top 60 package"

What are you all bitching about? DISH never said it was INCLUDED in the AT60/100 package. They only said it would be AVAILABLE for AT60/100 subscribers. How much clearer can it be? All you need to do is PAY A FEE to E* for the NFL Channel and then you will get it for FREE. And since it is FREE they can take it back and still keep you on the line for paying the FEE. It's simple.

I suppose all the channels are a FREE PREVIEW then??? We've been having FREE PREVIEWS of channels like ESPN, TNT, MTV, CNN etc for the past 10 years or so as long as we paid are bills to E*. That's so very nice of them.

Seriously, it's pretty sad that they are now referring to it as a "free preview". I think they should let folks like conecaster (the guy who got DISH installed yesterday) out of their contract if it can be shown they switched to E* to get the NFL Channel.

Like I said a week ago, the NFL really screwed up by allowing the simulcast between NBC and CBS. As much as I hate to see the NFL Network leave my package I hope Dish network wins this case. The NFL has a contract with Dish and Direct TV, the least they can do is honor it by not giving games away for free. If Dish and the NFL can reach an agreement and have the channel put back on the top 100 they better promise Dish they will never give away games for free again. It's not fair to the provider and its subscribers.

Surprise surprise. Another law suit. Soon we will be hearing Voom wants to sue Chuck too.:rolleyes:

Looks like ole Charlie is falling apart just before our eyes.:eek:

Did someone say voom wants to sue Chuck too?
An intra-family battle is brewing between Rainbow Media’s Voom suite of high-definition services and Voom satellite owner EchoStar Satellite LLC.
Earlier this month, New York State Supreme Court judge Richard Lowe granted Voom a preliminary injunction/temporary restraining order barring EchoStar’s Dish Network from moving the HD service’s 15 channels to a lower-penetrated HD tier, according to sources close to both parties.
Source: Multi Channel News

Dish has issued this statement about the NFL Lawsuit.
“Clearly this is a case of greed. Everyone knew December’s Giants - Patriots game was exclusive to the NFL Network. Their greed for more eyeballs and ad revenue led to their breach of our contract, in turn breaking their commitment not only to DISH Network, but to our customers. Because they failed to honor their promise, we took appropriate, justified action and look forward to proving our position in court.”

About time they said something logical about this entire mess. :)

Dish has issued this statement about the NFL Lawsuit.

About time they said something logical about this entire mess. :)
The NFL Network was between a rock and a hard place on this one. Congress was also breathing down their neck because they wanted all their constituents to see the game. Obviously, the NFL didn't expect this game to be such a hot potato when it was put on the schedule.

So their Dish's logic is to punish/lie to their own subs because the channel gave one game to everyone? :confused:
I agree that many Dish subs are suffering (not me, I've got this in my $29.99/month HD Only package :)), but the NFL Network also suffers the loss of advertising revenue, since there are 4 million less potential viewers, and ad rates are based on viewer count.

That's not an official press release, is it ? It's blunt and more or less accurate, but rather un-professional.

No its not a press release from them, its just a statement from their PR department.

I actually found their statement refreshing, it was good to see them calling a spade a spade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)