NFL Network / NFL Redzone

If the NFL channels stays off Dish for a while, what is anyone really missing besides the Thursday night games? Is that Red Zone really worth what it costs?

For those that have Amazon Prime, beginning October 8, Prime will be showing the Thursday night games.

RedZone is just about the only way I watch the NFL anymore. Probably old age onset OCD, but I'm just not interested in watching a whole game unless its one of the few teams I'm really interested in. As it is, I'll likely watch no NFL for reasons only appropriate for the Pit. So, not a huge loss right now. That may change as my interests often override my principals, yet another old age issue I suppose.

Reactions: TheLip
No argument here. It's always about the investors. Don't you think Fubo and YTTV are about the investors? That's what businesses exist for. Even charities exist to make money for their cause.

I think streaming will continue to rise in price until it's fairly comparable to cable and satellite, then those two options will gain favor again. I mean, I'm paying $67.62 month including taxes for the Top 200 DISH and have DVR for four tuners. Isn't YTTV $65 now?

As long as there are tens of thousands who don't have access to affordable broadband (like me), satellite TV will remain a decent option. I also expect broadband services to increase in price and limitations as streaming becomes more popular. Comcast and Spectrum gonna get their money somehow.
Spectrum is already asking the FCC to let them reimpose cap limits 2 years earlier than agreed to as part of their merger agreement.They claim customers are clamoring for cap limits!I
I agree that the Comcasts and Spectrums are going to get their money regardless.First step is getting everyone streaming 4k(and up) which requires more and more bandwidth.Then start raising the price for higher quality picture.Finish off with caps that give you SD picture for your current money.Good enough for Joe Six pack!

The $13 per month for the Multi-Sport Pack? Yes, I would say it is worth that. It is even better if you can get a half-price offer on Multi-Sport, or better yet a freebie to cover at least part of the season. What is not worth the cost (to me) is the minimum qualifying basic programming package required in order to get Multi-Sport. If Dish could find a way to make RedZone available a-la-carte to everyone, or at least make the Multi-Sport Pack available to those of us with lower programming packages, then I think that they would have a real winner. :thumbup
[/QUOTE
Thursday Night Football is on FOX and Amazon Prime!

Anyone had any luck using missing Redzone/NFL Network as leverage to get out of their contract, or at least get a credit on their bill?

Watching NFL games is the primary reason I subscribe to Dish (limited streaming speeds/quality available in our rural location), and when I'm not watching my team play, Redzone is a great way to watch football.

I have no doubt that in my contract terms & conditions there's a disclaimer that Dish can change the available channels without notice, but practically it seems nuts that I can subscribe to a package with a channel, then they can change the available channels and require me to keep paying for that package.

Reactions: pattykay
What's the issue now? Can't be Charlie's normal "it's available free over the air, so why should we pay so much".... At a minimum they should reduce the cost of our sports packages, but didn't see this on my bill.... SJ

Reactions: pattykay
Eventually these disputes will bankrupt Dish and I hope it happens at this point. Drive home the fact that if you don't have sports on your service, you fail...period. I'm telling everyone I know to switch to a provider that actually gives its subscribers what they want to pay for.

Eventually these disputes will bankrupt Dish and I hope it happens at this point. Drive home the fact that if you don't have sports on your service, you fail...period. I'm telling everyone I know to switch to a provider that actually gives its subscribers what they want to pay for.

There will always be a market for rural subscribers, and not everyone lives in an Area where bandwidth is solid where internet TV works. There will always be some market for DISH or Directv. Question is really whether they can get enough customers to absorb the costs of the infastructure.

I honestly don't know how long I have had Dish Network...more than 20 years continuously. One thing that I cannot miss is NFL football, specifically RedZone these last few years. So far this year I have been without my local ABC channel, missed several season finales and now no RedZone. I am honestly sad to say this but starting tomorrow I will be transitioning away from Dish Network.

It's not just this one thing, it's been the constant drip of losing channels with no compensation, no sense that Dish Network cares about it's customers, and absolutely no sense that this is going to change in the future.

My guide says INFO and it isn't available, but it is there. And DishPromise.com says there is still a dispute.

Attachments

• IMG_6665.jpg
    IMG_6665.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 200

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)