NFL Network & RedZone coming to DIRECTV Satellite, Stream and U-Verse

its weird because when I scroll the pic on the link, it clearly shows directv internet and has NFL Network AND redzone. when I go to directv site to check the packages in signing up, it seems that they've updated sports pack at 14.99 to show NBA TV and NBA TV (they list it twice.) So either they are going to update and announce soon that they have NFL Network for all versions + RZ or they're just screwing up all over the place.

also from reddit
1687894272792.png

Reactions: dtv757
Here are the official announcements from DIRECTV and NFL Media.

NFL Network will be joining Stream/Internet and returning to U-Verse:
NFL Network will be available to Choice subscribers on DIRECTV (via satellite and on an authenticated streaming basis) and DIRECTV STREAM, and to U200 subscribers on U-Verse. This agreement marks the first time that DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM customers will have access to NFL RedZone.

NFL Network's RedZone (Scott Hanson) will be part of Sports Pack on DIRECTV (Satellite and Stream/Internet) and HD Premium on U-Verse:
With these additions, DIRECTV customers now have access to an enhanced DIRECTV Sports Pack and DIRECTV STREAM subscribers will be offered a DIRECTV Sports Pack for the first time, in each case featuring NFL RedZone. NFL RedZone will be offered through the HD Premium Tier to U-verse customers.
With NFL RedZone, subscribers can tune in to watch host Scott Hanson deliver every touchdown from every game to fans on Sunday afternoons during the NFL regular season.

Reactions: David Ortiz
After a long discussion on the phone with DirecTv, where the woman told me that by subscribing to the sports pack, I will get all of the Bally’s channels and everything else in the sports pack Identicle to satellite. Took a chance and hit subscribe and the only additional channels that were added are the Longhorn net work, MLB, strike zone, and Nxt. I’ll give it a day and then call back and cancel.
currently have ultimate package.

Do stream customers have a "hide SD duplicates" option like satellite customers do? For satellite there's an ongoing glitch where many of the streaming channels are hidden if this is enabled.

Also, contrary to what that CSR told you, Stream's Sports Pack is not 100% identical to what you would get with satellite. Once they finally work for you, streaming has the localized Bally and YES feeds, so out of market viewers get alternate programming instead of blackouts during games.
The following channels are also currently satellite only:
603 Cowboy Channel
608 Stadium College Sports Atlantic (Stream testing)
608-1 Stadium College Sports Central (Stream testing)
608-2 Stadium College Sports Pacific (Stream testing)
661 Bally Sports Cincinnati (Only available in market because its out of market feed is identical to Bally Sports Ohio's)
671-4 Bally Sports Indiana (Only available in market because its out of market feed is identical to Bally Sports Midwest's)
671-5 Bally Sports Kansas City (Only available in market because its out of market feed is identical to Bally Sports Midwest's)
675 Bally Sports Oklahoma (Only available in market because its out of market feed is identical to Bally Sports Southwest's)
676-4 Bally Sports New Orleans (Only available in market because its out of market feed is identical to Bally Sports Southwest's)
788-798 ESPN College Extra

Reactions: DS0816
RedZone is comprised of live look-ins on games produced by FOX and CBS and none of their Sunday afternoon games are produced or distributed in 4K.

The only NFL games that are distributed in 4K (or upconverted 1080p HDR) are select nationally televised games like FOX's Thanksgiving game, and none of those are part of RedZone.

RedZone is comprised of live look-ins on games produced by FOX and CBS and none of their Sunday afternoon games are produced or distributed in 4K.

The only NFL games that are distributed in 4K (or upconverted 1080p HDR) are select nationally televised games like FOX's Thanksgiving game, and none of those are part of RedZone.
I'm sure they can figure it out. all the games are shot in 4k. they are broadcast locally in 1080i/p. DTV RedZone could just as well be a 4k channel that is upconverted. Give us the highest quality possible.

None of the regional Sunday NFL feeds are distributed in 4K or 1080p, FOX's games are all 720p, CBS's games are all 1080i. The only reason why they use some 4K cameras on the field is so the video is still in HD quality when zoomed in. The actual productions coming from the trucks are not natively in 4K or HDR.

FOX's 4K NFL telecasts are limited to select nationally televised games like Thanksgiving, and those will be available to DIRECTV satellite and internet/stream customers on one of the LIVE4K channels. CBS Sports on the otherhand has yet to produce a 4K NFL telecast or a 4K simulcast of any of their other sports, their 4K coverage have mostly been limited to seperately produced coverage, like the Amen Corner feed for the masters.

Also, DIRECTV has ZERO control over how RedZone is produced, like Jimbo said, their version of RedZone went away when they lost the rights to produce Sunday Ticket, so they will just be passing along the 1080i RedZone feed provided by NFL Network.

I had DTV redzone for a long time. last year I had redzone through YouTube tv. I preferred that version which is produced by NFL Network. I do like Andrew Siciliano but the NFL produced one with Scott Hansen was just better IMO. YTTV NFL Redzone is in 1080p too.

YTTV NFL Redzone is in 1080p too.
It's not actually natively 1080p, all streaming providers, including DIRECTV, deinterlace feeds that originate as 1080i and 480i when they re-encode them because interlaced video doesn't work with adaptive bitrate streams. Some like DIRECTV and YouTube do a good job and deinterlace them to 1080p/60 and 480p/60, while others half ass it and just do 1080p/30 or in Xfinity's case, 720p.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts