NFL Network - will it happen?

gigahurtz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2006
I am new to the forum and very excited about the wealth of information this forum offers.

I am a Central Florida BHN subscriber and getting very frustrated about the NFL Network problems with BHN.

Anyone know if they're close to a deal or is it a lost cause? I'm seriously considering switching as i'm a very big NFL fan and find this ridiculous.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I am new to the forum and very excited about the wealth of information this forum offers.

I am a Central Florida BHN subscriber and getting very frustrated about the NFL Network problems with BHN.

Anyone know if they're close to a deal or is it a lost cause? I'm seriously considering switching as i'm a very big NFL fan and find this ridiculous.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I suggest you write a letter and call the NFL network and tell them to stop asking for more then the channel is worth. Stop trying to strong arm the cable companies at the expense of their fans. and if they want come off the price Allow the cable companies to offer only to those who want to pay the extra price for it. Instead of trying to force them to offer it to all subs, and eat the costs themselves or rasie their price as a hole. Beleive it or not their are more non-nfl fans then nfl fans who have cable and they dont want their bill to go up because nfl fans want 1 channel.

In the nearly 9 years I've been with D* I've found it far preferable to the local TWC outlet for the things that are important to me, such as DVR, CBS and FOX in HD, the NFL Network and Sunday Ticket. You can sit around waiting and hoping for cable to give you what you want or your can take matters into your own hands. I chose the latter. We all make our own choices on what matters to us, Steve.

In the nearly 9 years I've been with D* I've found it far preferable to the local TWC outlet for the things that are important to me, such as DVR, CBS and FOX in HD, the NFL Network and Sunday Ticket. You can sit around waiting and hoping for cable to give you what you want or your can take matters into your own hands. I chose the latter. We all make our own choices on what matters to us, Steve.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=752955#post752955

nfl net not on BHN

From what I have seen from all cable cos. they are 5-10 years behind dish and Directv. Part of the problem is they have too much infrastructure for little bits os subscribers to take care of. Tell BHN to stuff it and get a Dish eith E8 or D*.

Yes, I saw the pixel issue, HDTVFanAtic, and I don't listen to Bryant Gumble. But, I'd much rather see a slightly flawed brdcst. of a really good game than no game at all.

Yes, I saw the pixel issue, HDTVFanAtic, and I don't listen to Bryant Gumble. But, I'd much rather see a slightly flawed brdcst. of a really good game than no game at all.

While that is your opinion, I posted the link not about the pixel - but you can see that those with NFL Network are not happy with it at all.

You just don't like it - because as you state - you did not get the choice to make the decision - and end up bitching like those that have it.

I'm not a NFL Network fan nor could I care less if it shuts down tomorrow. Nielsen ratings don't even rate it because viewer ship is so low. Outside of eight games, what do they really have to offer? Cable is trying to offer a fair price package to compete. NFL Net is trying for a 50 cent raise and a basic spot in the line up. Why should everyone else pay for it? Hell, I for one don't watch it. What's wrong being on a sports tier? I thought everyone wanted a la carte and tiers a few months ago now you just want the channel. So much for choice when you really want it. NFL Network I hope no longer has the Antitrust exemption as well. They are NOT ESPN, they can't and don't have the product to ask for the Pole Position in a package. It's not a right for any channel to be on cable, it's a privilege and with any privilege it's earned. A programmer has no right in telling any one provider (cable, satellite, IPTV, or FTTH) where that channel MUST be placed in a package. A sports tier is suffocate for this type of programming. It keeps cost down for others NOT interested in it and for those that want it, you pay for what you want. Question should be, will NFL happen if they would take the sports tier and just be happy with some carriage?

lets put it this way, when and if bh adds nfl network to its sports tier, i would gladly pay the few extra bucks.

but when i had satellite, the only time i ever watched nfl network was in the preseason for all of the games. otherwise, the programming isn't worth it!!!

and this is coming from a die-hard sports fan.

While that is your opinion, I posted the link not about the pixel - but you can see that those with NFL Network are not happy with it at all.

To be completely honest, I really had no idea what your link was supposed to be about because you left no comment. But, do you honestly think that a few people pointing out the broadcast flaws on an Internet Sat. board indicates "that those with NFL Network are not happy with it at all"? As I said, despite the flaws, I'd rather see a really good game than no game at all and I have to believe the majority of NFL fans feel the same way.

You just don't like it - because as you state - you did not get the choice to make the decision - and end up bitching like those that have it.

:confused: And what choice to make what decision are we talking about here?

Ya so switch to a crappy service all because of 1 channel great thinking...

I don't think is a crappy service. Over 28 million satellite subcribers are not wrong. If my cable or satellite providers can not give me what I paid, simply I'll switch to a good one. This is demand and offer market.
Why BHN is adding spanish channels? Because, Orlando has a good market for those channels and they are very, very cheap to add them. But is not the same way with Fox Sport Network and NFL network. That's why I switched to a satellite at the moment because they give me what I whan.;)

Jose.

just wait until you deal with customer service and you discover the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. directv was absolutely the worst consumer business i ever dealt with.

bright house might not have all the channels yet but i've gotten to know some people who take very good care of me and i don't have to play csr roulette!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts