Nfl Network

whitewolf8214

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 13, 2004
Space
Any news on Dish Network adding the NFL NETWORK to one of there packages.There was discussion of this on this website the other day that they were testing it and it would be up soon.

There testing it, it's already on the sat, but nothing about it ever going to be available to customers ;)

If they did make it available the location it's at is on the 110 orbital, so that tells me it would be added to AT180 :(

Both NFLTV and NFLHD are being uplinked and not sold. The length of time from when E* first uplinks a channel and later provides it to customers varies from a day to never. The quickest being a day (such as Independent Music Channel) and the slowest being several channels that have been uplinked and never offered to customers. CSTV has been actively uplinked for more than a year. Uplinking is no guarantee of soon availability (although no channel is available unless it is uplinked).

JL

See, if NFL network was nowhere to be seen, fine...

But to know it's sitting there, and COULD be on my tv right now (if the receiver was working...) but isn't, that is so damn annoying...

This is just flat out crazy. At least cable companies offer this channel and Comcast offers on demand game recaps as a partial band-aid against D*'s Sunday Ticket. But to flat out not have the NFL Network especially the HD version for certain games of the week is plain silly. I know E* is not the leader in sports but this is an easy channel to offer.

Brewer4 said:
This is just flat out crazy. At least cable companies offer this channel and Comcast offers on demand game recaps as a partial band-aid against D*'s Sunday Ticket. But to flat out not have the NFL Network especially the HD version for certain games of the week is plain silly. I know E* is not the leader in sports but this is an easy channel to offer.

YEAH! What he said!

Brewer4 said:

I don't think it's that silly. Go somewhere else if you don't like the fact that they aren't carrying it!

Remember folks, Charlie is a hard-headed businessman - that's why E* is able to give you a bit more programming for a little less money. Also remember how incredibly greedy the NFL has become in recent years. All of this equals a sure-fire recipe for conflict, IMHO.

Again IMHO, Sirius' NFL channel content is FAR superior to the NFL TV offering.

I am finally able to get our beloved Redskins via OTA using a channel Master CM 4228 with their pre-amp & rotor, so if this one is not included in a package at no extra charge...

--Doug

goaliebob99 said:
been there doing that lol :strike:

GREAT! See ya; Bye; Adiós; Shalom; Au revoir; Arrivederci; Sayonara; Auf Wiedersehen; Do svidanja; Joi gin; Adjö; Farvel; Aloha; Vale; Tofa; later! :hatsoff:

Slamminc11 said:
I don't think it's that silly. Go somewhere else if you don't like the fact that they aren't carrying it!

Good thing you are not running the company. Its not about me being mad, its about alienating a portion of your target audience. With the price of Sunday Ticket out of control, you may find a new audience to steal from D* that wants football but doesnt want to pay D*'s prices. ESPN HD, local OTA, NFL Network HD, and DVR recaps might be a good package to offer to football fans.

Brewer4 said:
...Its not about me being mad, its about alienating a portion of your target audience. With the price of Sunday Ticket out of control, you may find a new audience to steal from D* that wants football but doesnt want to pay D*'s prices. ESPN HD, local OTA, NFL Network HD, and DVR recaps might be a good package to offer to football fans.

That makes sense! Especially if you throw in ESPN2 HD. I wonder if that has occured to old Charlie? I'll bet it has - he doesn't miss too much.

--Doug

Brewer4 said:
Good thing you are not running the company. Its not about me being mad, its about alienating a portion of your target audience. With the price of Sunday Ticket out of control, you may find a new audience to steal from D* that wants football but doesnt want to pay D*'s prices. ESPN HD, local OTA, NFL Network HD, and DVR recaps might be a good package to offer to football fans.

What about the audience for soccer fans, indoor lacrosse fans, outdoor lacrosse fans, arena football fans, blacks, gays, library book readers? everyone wants their own channels on cable or Dish, but you can't have it all. What makes you think that you deserve a channel over anyone else?
There are a lot of channels out there that people want that dish doesn't carry, and despite what you would like to believe there are a hell of a lot more people that can't stand football that like it. Why is your choice of a channel more important than theirs?
All I hear is Dish has got to carry NFL channel or ESPNU channel or so many subs are going to leave it is going to destroy Charlie and Dish! Well, hate to break it to you, but you football fans are out numbered 3-1, 4-1 in this world of satellite television, but according to you, that is the only thing out there that is going to keep dish alive. I just happen to disagree with that!

Slamminc11, its about going after a LARGE group in the US with money. Not knocking all the niche sports fans and international fans but NFL watchers are a very large and very PAYING group. I dont like NASCAR, but thats another key group I would go after. If you could help .5 - 1 million subscribers slide over to your subscribers for the addition of a part time HD channel and some other small packaging changes, it makes sense to me.