NFL on NBC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ceas2182

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Dec 18, 2004
Disneyland, Cali
Today's game on NBC I think was great. The picture was clear and crisp. And the cast is great, you got madden, micheals, costa, and collinsworth and next time sharpe and the bus.

NBC beats CBS's crappy coverage.

Both NBC and Fox have the best coverage. I want to see what NFL Network brings.

FOX still has better atmospherics with their NFL games and studios. But this is good showing for NBC considering they've been out of the biz for 8 years.

I'll take a FOX game any day.

dfergie said:
Jimmy, Howie and J.B. are hard to beat...( I can still here Summerall and Brookshire in my head...(before Madden...) )

What about TB?

Ceas2182 said:
Today's game on NBC I think was great. The picture was clear and crisp. And the cast is great, you got madden, micheals, costa, and collinsworth and next time sharpe and the bus.

NBC beats CBS's crappy coverage.

Both NBC and Fox have the best coverage. I want to see what NFL Network brings.

It wasnt very good at all. I have 1HD and 1 SD subchannel, typical of most NBC stations. And that is the concensus over at ASforum as well. Focus was horrible. Graphics, well might as well not have them, just like fast motion the encoders couldnt keep up. Reports are that the problems are on OTA and D* feeds as well. Many are calling it CRAP. It seemed to me to be slightly better than the HDlite abortion that is NBC coverage on Notre Dame football. That is truly an embarrassment. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=707813&page=3&pp=30

CBS is the cream of the crop.

Last edited:
vurbano said:
It wasnt very good at all. I have 1HD and 1 SD subchannel, typical of most NBC stations. And that is the concensus over at ASforum as well. Focus was horrible. Graphics, well might as well not have them, just like fast motion the encoders couldnt keep up. Reports are that the problems are on OTA and D* feeds as well. Many are calling it CRAP. It seemed to me to be slightly better than the HDlite abortion that is NBC coverage on Notre Dame football. That is truly an embarrassment. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=707813&page=3&pp=30

CBS is the cream of the crop.

I gotta agree with VURBANO...the coverage was bad. I maybe in the minority, but the combo of Madden and Michaels just does not do anything for me. I have outgrown Madden and Michaels to me was so-so at best. And you cannot fault NBC too much, they are the ones that are lacking when it comes to HD Sports more than anyone else.

This is what i've heard for HD programming. It depends on what company and reciever you have. I saw in the HD Forum or in the Direct TV forum, when people that have cable with there recievers have good quality. People that had Direct TV and Dish, had very very poor HD quality.

It depends who you really have I think.

And I still think CBS has the most crappest coverage.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts