NFL package

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
nope, nadda anymore. directv stopped doing that about 5 years ago or so (give or take a few years).

however, those subs who had directv just for sunday ticket (before it changed) are grandfathered in.

You can get Directv and get the NFL Sunday Ticket. I think you need the basic package. I dont think they will take the Family one which is the cheapest. You can then put your account on hold after the season is done and reactivate it for the season. Folks that go away for awhile do it all the time. You just have to pay basic plus Sunday Ticket during ST.

You can get Directv and get the NFL Sunday Ticket. I think you need the basic package. I dont think they will take the Family one which is the cheapest. You can then put your account on hold after the season is done and reactivate it for the season. Folks that go away for awhile do it all the time. You just have to pay basic plus Sunday Ticket during ST.

However, IF you put your account on hold, your contract months are also put on hold so you'll have a commitment all that much longer.

Jimbo

also, you can't put your account on hold if you are in contract unless its a medical emergency type situation.

The two posts directly above me are BOTH wrong.

1. Contract continues during suspension. I have had this verified by multiple CSRs and experience.

2. You can put your service on hold (suspension) WITHOUT even talking to a CSR. You just call in and say "Suspend account." The computer voice says you can suspended up to 6 months every year. It asks you when you want to resume service then suspends your account. I'm currently in year 2 of my contract and just did this about 3 months ago, for the second time in 2 years.

Too much misinformation in this thread, especially coming from two guys with 6000+ posts between them.

1. Contract continues during suspension. I have had this verified by multiple CSRs and experience.

2. You can put your service on hold (suspension) WITHOUT even talking to a CSR. You just call in and say "Suspend account." The computer voice says you can suspended up to 6 months every year. It asks you when you want to resume service then suspends your account. I'm currently in year 2 of my contract and just did this about 3 months ago, for the second time in 2 years.

Too much misinformation in this thread, especially coming from two guys with 6000+ posts between them.

Excellent for confirming this. What package do you need to maintain Sunday Ticket? Can you do this with Family Plan or do you have to get Choice?

I roll with the Family Pack, which is the cheapest listed. I tack on the HD tier, ST, and Super Fan.

I fire it up in August and shut it down in February. I'm looking forward to this summer because my contract is up and I would like to squeeze some new equipment and pricing out of retentions. :)

So you can have D* for 4 months at a time over the course of 2 years and that qualifies as a complete commitment, thus your only paying for 8 months of a 2 year contract ???

I hardly believe that they would let you get away with that .

Jimbo

you can suspend your contract for only six months. and i was told when i suspended mine a few years ago, they were allowing me to do it because of medical reasons. otherwise, (since i was under contract) they would not have allowed me to do so.

maybe, its changed. it use to be fairly clearly spelled out on directv's website!

you can suspend your contract for only six months. and i was told when i suspended mine a few years ago, they were allowing me to do it because of medical reasons. otherwise, (since i was under contract) they would not have allowed me to do so.

maybe, its changed. it use to be fairly clearly spelled out on directv's website!

iceturkee,
You quote is what I've always heard, I've never heard anything about being able to suspend you account and still have it count towards your 2 year commitment.

Jimbo

Guys, I'm going to say it again.

1. I have personally confirmed from multiple calls to D* that my contract continues to roll even during a suspension. There is alot of misinformaiton on this board about this point, but I know that's how it works.

2. Family pack works just fine with ST. I had it the entire 2006-2007 season with no issues. Family pack doesn't have ESPN or very much good stuff, but I ended up getting ESPN1/2-HD, etc just by purchasing the HD add-on.

3. The medical thing is way out of left-field. Last year, I called a rep and she suspended me for 6 months, no questions asked. This year, I just called in and told the auto prompt I wanted to "suspend my account." They asked me to confirm. Then they asked me to enter the month and day I wanted to reactivate. I entered 8/20 and they asked to confirm. I said yes. Then I hung up. Easy as pie.

I am a Comcast sub, but I gotta have my ST. This is year TWO of me pulling off this trick. I know my contract days are about to expire, and I've suspended twice. Two year ago, I was skeptical about this working ...but it has and it's been great.

Believe who and what you want. But I'm telling you this is real and it works.

GO PACK!

i don't want to burst your bubble but believing anything that comes out of a csr's moth is suspect at best.

there must be some other place he could check the contract thing...online?

don't count your chickens before the eggs hatch. i would sure hate for you to be shocked when you find out, you have more time on your contract than you think

i've been the bubble BURSTER in this this thread.

So let's review:

1. I confirmed contract runs during suspension on this forum before I signed up.
2. I confirmed contract runs during suspension from CSR when I signed up.
3. I confirmed my contract HAD RUN from CSR when I came off my suspension last year.

At this point, I'm going to quit trying to convince you anymore... you're obviously not going to believe it until you've experienced it yourself.

and we're tired of telling you not to trust a csr.......... but, hey, do whatever you want. just don't come crying here when you find out you have been lied to.

iceturkey and colebert thanks for the information.

I think there is enough information to let folks know that suspending an account for 6 months at a time is a viable way to get NFL Sunday Ticket and not have to keep DirecTV active all year round. I also like the fact that colebert was able to get only Family Pack and HD which is a lot cheaper than choice. It sounds like iceturkey's point is to just make sure you confirm some items if you are going to pursue this method. I am not going to say definitively one is right over the other but I do respect colebert's experience with this directly and he appears to have done his research and is sincere.

Thanks again for your posts.

brewer,

here is what i did originally. since it sounds like you'd be a new customer, here is what you should do.

1a. Sign up for the new customer promo that gives you their TC Premiere free for 4 months when you signup with NFL ST.
1b. Get them to give you the HD pack, but request it be given to you for free for 4 or 6 months or whatever their promo is.
1c. Ask to get the SuperFan for free (sometimes works.)

2. After the free TC Premiere expires, immediately revert to TC family with HD for the remainder of the season.

3. After week 17, suspend account for 6 months via automated system

4. When account reactivates, call D* and make sure you are signed up for ST again since ST accounts in suspension won't autorenew.

Take care!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts