Status
Please reply by conversation.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
I guess its the MPEG4, I am watching the game pre-show, and damn, fox's and CBS channels look amazing good!

Let me know what you guys think.
I think DirecTV has stepped up big time!

So this is where the extra space on D* 11 is going to.... Ahh HA! Actually looks like they took down a bunch of HD PPV channels.. things that make you go HUMMMMM.....

So this is where the extra space on D* 11 is going to.... Ahh HA! Actually looks like they took down a bunch of HD PPV channels.. things that make you go HUMMMMM.....

Doh, that's what I've been saying. A bunch of those HD PPV's are there just so they can be shut down when needed for all the different sports packages when they need the space. D* could have just not put anything there and then have people b*tch about why nothing was added, instead they put up a bunch of HD PPV's to use the space when not needed, and people still b*tched. No win situation.

Yep, who cares about a few HD PPV being downed at specific time frames anyway. Its no big deal or conspiracy in my eyes. When they were downing TNT, now that was worth bitching about.

Yep, who cares about a few HD PPV being downed at specific time frames anyway. Its no big deal or conspiracy in my eyes. When they were downing TNT, now that was worth bitching about.
+1

I ended up watching my local game (Cincinnati Bengals) on D* rather than over the air, something I never thought would happen. The ST+SF feed was significantly better due to their sub channel.

Doh, that's what I've been saying. A bunch of those HD PPV's are there just so they can be shut down when needed for all the different sports packages when they need the space. D* could have just not put anything there and then have people b*tch about why nothing was added, instead they put up a bunch of HD PPV's to use the space when not needed, and people still b*tched. No win situation.

My compliant is that is since these HD PPVs are placeholders for HD sports ppv packages, that means that aren't as temporary as some would like us to believe. There will always be a need for these placeholders because if it isn't football and baseball needing the placeholders now, it will soon be hockey and basketball. And when they are done, it will be time for baseball again. It's a never ending cycle and because of that, I don't think we will see a significant increase in national HD offerings from D* (even though there are over 45 channels that could be added now) until D12 goes up late next year.

D* is determined to be the HD sports leader and they clearly are, but it has been to the detriment of other programming. And before anybody thinks I hate sports, I don't. In fact I love sports. I've been watching football (golf too) all day just like the next guy. But I want the other programming too.

This was my first experience with having Sunday Ticket and Superfan at home and I was very impressed with the picture quality of all the games. I have zero complaints.

it was fantastic so far - minor supercast issues were sorted out by kickoff - great job Directv

I watched some Supercast at work, it was alright, I olny had a 300k download, so it wasn't great, but sufficed as an easier option than the slingbox.

The recordings I'm watching tonight, however, look spectacular. Just as good as the OTA feeds.

As for the PPV channels, I'm fine with them taking down PPV for football, baseball, nascar, etc. September Sundays are the toughest bandwith times of the year.

Having 36 PPVs and not having added any significant amounts of HD is still disappointing.

If the hangup is agreements, it is silly, they should have worked on these agreements 3 months ago, when the knew the bandwith was coming.

All of the games looked great today. I don't know how I made it without the the Ticket for so many years.

The recordings I'm watching tonight, however, look spectacular. Just as good as the OTA feeds.

As for the PPV channels, I'm fine with them taking down PPV for football, baseball, nascar, etc. September Sundays are the toughest bandwith times of the year.
Yeah, the games looked fantastic. In a situation like this where DTV has a bunch of HD going on at once that they would maybe compress some or all of the football games at least a little bit to save on bandwidth or whatever, but I did not notice any issues or any compression that was noticeable. It was near flawless. Good job DirecTV!

This was my first experience with having Sunday Ticket and Superfan at home and I was very impressed with the picture quality of all the games. I have zero complaints.
My sediments exactly. The wife was a bit confused when I was watching every game EXCEPT the sucky bengals. Thank God I could see some REAL football yesterday. The game mix in HD was fantastic! :cool:

All I am going to say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I sometimes thought I was at the game live. IMO Fox has drastically improved from last year.

My sediments exactly. The wife was a bit confused when I was watching every game EXCEPT the sucky bengals. Thank God I could see some REAL football yesterday. The game mix in HD was fantastic! :cool:
lol! My whole family was wondering why I kept flipping through the channels. I would go back and forth to get a game I thought and looked interesting and it drove my family nuts that I kept flipping the channels, but hey, all what I was doing was taking advantage of the service. :)

All I am going to say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I sometimes thought I was at the game live. IMO Fox has drastically improved from last year.
My initial thought is they improved too. The NFL games on FOX yesterday was very good. Colors seemed more vibrant than last year for some reason. I can't say the same for the baseball games though. For some reason the FOX MLB HD games are always bad.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)