NFL Sunday Ticket (regular or Max) without Directv TV Package

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ljn21

Original poster
Aug 8, 2013
Largo, FL
Searched around and didn't see an answer to this - is it possible to order Sunday Ticket or Sunday Ticket Max without having a TV package? I live in a community with strict association rules and they do not allow satellite dishes fixed or temporary. Looking at the direct.com / sports/ nfl page (take spaces out) seems to indicate you can order ST or ST Max without the TV package, but when you add to cart it just takes you to the normal residential package screens and won't let you past without picking a package.

This page while not an official DTV page also indicates this should be possible, cant post the link but I believe it was posted today at the sportsgeekery site.

I called the 1-877 number and connected to new orders department and was told it doesn't exist and the less than friendly or helpful sales person wasn't willing to dig around, just said, nope, tried in system and it doesn't allow it (might be true, but the above seems to contradict that).

Anyone know a way to order jus the ST?? Is it not close enough to the season start yet? (For me, preseason counts as starting so its part starting for me :) )

They haven't offered it standalone in many years, so essentially no, though there are probably a couple people out there that have it from a decade ago or so.

They do sell ST standalone for PS3 for customers that can't get satellite. I think Madden 25 on Amazon had a promo on it as included for $99.
Even if you have no interest in the game, $99 for ST would be resonable.

They haven't offered it standalone in many years, so essentially no, though there are probably a couple people out there that have it from a decade ago or so.

They do sell ST standalone for PS3 for customers that can't get satellite. I think Madden 25 on Amazon had a promo on it as included for $99.
Even if you have no interest in the game, $99 for ST would be resonable.

Was just going to say this... if you have a PS3 and have the bandwidth, this is the way to go... note the "have the bandwidth" part -- a number of people have complained about PQ and buffering with anything less than a steady 10-12 meg internet connection. Most cable and high-end DSL should work at this point. For the price of the D* package you can buy a PS3 and get ST for $99.

Searched around and didn't see an answer to this - is it possible to order Sunday Ticket or Sunday Ticket Max without having a TV package? I live in a community with strict association rules and they do not allow satellite dishes fixed or temporary. Looking at the direct.com / sports/ nfl page (take spaces out) seems to indicate you can order ST or ST Max without the TV package, but when you add to cart it just takes you to the normal residential package screens and won't let you past without picking a package.

This page while not an official DTV page also indicates this should be possible, cant post the link but I believe it was posted today at the sportsgeekery site.

I called the 1-877 number and connected to new orders department and was told it doesn't exist and the less than friendly or helpful sales person wasn't willing to dig around, just said, nope, tried in system and it doesn't allow it (might be true, but the above seems to contradict that).

Anyone know a way to order jus the ST?? Is it not close enough to the season start yet? (For me, preseason counts as starting so its part starting for me :) )
Like the other poster's mentioned PS3 can give you NFLST on your own. But a way that work's really well for me is the (2nd device rule). Meaning if you carry STMAX your account has access to a 2nd device (PS3, PC, cell phone, etc. ). I have MAX, I have 2 sons in different cities in college. One of them can watch ST on their PS3. Only one device can watch at a time, but you can register as many as you want. The first one to activate can watch, they sometimes fight over this, but either can watch. So if you know somebody that get's STMAX and doesn't use the 2nd device, they could link your device and you both can watch at the same price. I don't know how fast my son's internet connection's have been, but neither one had any issue's viewing last year.

Last edited:
Was just going to say this... if you have a PS3 and have the bandwidth, this is the way to go... note the "have the bandwidth" part -- a number of people have complained about PQ and buffering with anything less than a steady 10-12 meg internet connection. Most cable and high-end DSL should work at this point. For the price of the D* package you can buy a PS3 and get ST for $99.
I don't think user speed is the issue. I had PS3 NFLST last year and I had a number of connection issues. Nothing to where I wanted to demand a refund, but it would at times get down to like RealVideo levels of quality, and some feeds would take more time than adequate to buffer. I have a 25mb connection that is often quite stable FYI.

Overall though it is worth it, but yes I would advise more to get the Madden $99 package, and then you can give the game to someone else as a gift or sell it to Gamestop. They'll probably give you at least $40 for a package that still has other unredeemed codes.

i don't know if thread is update but the playstation won't offer ST this season

Yea,that's a major let down.DTV went so far as to say,it wouldn't be offered via PS4 or Xbox1 either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)