NFL Sunday Ticket: SUPERCAST Info

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
From Directv:
Some news for NFL SuperFan subscribers: In case you haven?t seen it yet, we've made some significant enhancements to the SUPERCAST feature for this year. This year, SUPERCAST will be available to more users who will be able to see more features with Adobe AIR version of the application (the AIR version will be available to download later today at http://www.directv.com/supercast.)
Here?s a breakdown of the differences between last year and this year.

NFL SUPERCAST 2007
- Live video streaming of all Sunday Ticket games & Red Zone
- Available in Windows Media format on PCs.
- Scores, possession, field position, clock and statistics
- Standard and full screen mode

NFL SUPERCAST 2008
- Live video streaming (Adobe Flash) of all Sunday Ticket games & Red Zone available in enhanced desktop Adobe AIR application (also available as basic version in Flash)
- Works on PC and Mac
- Scores, possession, field position, clock and statistics provided for each game
- Near real-time game highlights in video with the ability to browse highlights from games
- Multi-modes: standard, mini and full screen application
- Interactive screen overlays for game selection and highlights
You can also see the SUPERCAST FAQ's at DIRECTV: DIRECTV - Sports FAQs
Let us know if you have any questions about SUPERCAST or NFL coverage.

There is a new Adobe AIR clinet (that works great) available for download:
DIRECTV: DIRECTV SUPERCAST

Sunday you will login with your DirecTV.com login and password to view the games, redzone channel, or highlights.

If the AIR client doesn't work on your machine, there is also a in-browser player available, which requires Flash 9.

Also, users can view highlights via many mobile phone devices:
m.nfl.directv.com

Obviously, this requires subscriptions to NFL Sunday Ticket w/ Superfan.

anyone know if blocking or hiding your IP will allow you to bypass the blackouts?
If it's like last year, blackouts are based on your service (home) address, not where you are connecting from.

Cowboys/Cleveland are blacked out here in NYC. Luckly, the FOX station is carrying it.

Where is the supercast mobile client??? Im noticing alot of blackouts too, fortunatly everything that is blacked out has been on local channels... Very annoying. It shouldnt matter where I watch it.. To bad there wasnt a way to map the local channel to those channels so instead of getting a blackout screen, you got the game.

Last year they didn't mess with the HD games, no blackouts on those just the SD, but looks like this year they fixed that.

as long as your locals has the game in HD at the time i have no problem with this.

as long as your locals has the game in HD at the time i have no problem with this.

Where it's a problem is if you're on the road in another DMA and the game back home on local is what you want to watch and it isn't on the local station where you are at. Since the Supercast is based on your home address it blocks out that game so you're SOL. It would be nice if there was a way around that but I don't see that happening, unless you go with a Slingbox and bypass D* all together.

Where it's a problem is if you're on the road in another DMA and the game back home on local is what you want to watch and it isn't on the local station where you are at. Since the Supercast is based on your home address it blocks out that game so you're SOL. It would be nice if there was a way around that but I don't see that happening, unless you go with a Slingbox and bypass D* all together.

true. i know it's the rules but if you're paying for this packages there shouldn't be these blackout restrictions. you're still paying and the channel broadcasting the game is still getting the $$$. am i wrong about this?

Rey_178 said:
am i wrong about this?

yes, because it has absolutely nothing to do with what you pay DirecTV or whomever to get league pkgs; the leagues, teams, and local affiliates DO NOT want you watching their/your in-market games (based on your service zip) anywhere but at your local affiliate or possible RSN depending on the sport. By law DirecTV, Dish or whomever, must black you out. You pay to get the out of market game you would otherwise never get. Do I agree with BO's? No, but these are the rules they MUST currently abide by.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)