Status
Please reply by conversation.

tripletlex

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2006
Just received this email from Directv:

2006 NFL Sunday Ticket Confirmation

Sunday Ticket Auto Renewal - Five payments of $41.80 ($209) starting with July bill.

SuperFan Auto Renewal is $50

I'm starting to wonder if last year's $49 SuperFan credit is already factored into the 2006 renewal, or is it just a coincidence. $99 (regular price) less $49 credit due = $50 renewal price.

I called on April 30 and got the Superfan package for free. My bill showed:

04/30/2006 xxxxxxxxxxxx NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan 2006 - Sprt Sub CR $-99.00 $0.00 $-99.00

04/30/2006 xxxxxxxxxxxx NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan 2006 - Charge $99.00 $0.00 $99.00

freddog said:
I called on April 30 and got the Superfan package for free. My bill showed:

04/30/2006 xxxxxxxxxxxx NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan 2006 - Sprt Sub CR $-99.00 $0.00 $-99.00

04/30/2006 xxxxxxxxxxxx NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan 2006 - Charge $99.00 $0.00 $99.00

Are you a new NFLST subscriber with a base fee of $229 or a returning NFLST with an auto-renew base fee of $209? It sounds like you got the new subscriber promotion that expired after 4/30, where SuperFan was free but you pay $229 for NFLST.

cforrest said:
Are you a new NFLST subscriber with a base fee of $229 or a returning NFLST with an auto-renew base fee of $209? It sounds like you got the new subscriber promotion that expired after 4/30, where SuperFan was free but you pay $229 for NFLST.

This will be my 4th year for ST. I got that e-mail and the CSR at the retention dept. said no prob I will take care of it, and that was it. She saw that I was a SF sub last year (which was free also) and said consider it done.
This was the e-mail I received from them:

"NFL SUNDAY TICKET, only from DIRECTV, delivers up to 14 games each Sunday, so you can follow "your favorite team" all season long no matter where you live. Take advantage of our NFL Draft special offer, and you'll also get over 110 games1 in high-definition, expanded interactive features and more.

Simply order NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ by April 30 and SuperFan is free with your subscription."

Last edited:
I only wish I could watch my favorite team all season but blackouts prevent this. I would have to live 50 miles closer to OTA stations to watch NFL, as Dish Network or Direct do not uplink our locals. The forgotten( 5%) of the veiwers.

I just got the same email. Read the footnotes - need 5lnb dish and H20!! I still have the 3 lnb and the Samsung 360. Is this how they get to push out the piece if j*nk H20 on to me?

Funny, the prior email that Freddog and I were talking about did not say a 5LNB was needed along with H20 or no HD games. It stated a 3LNB was needed, but it did note that for those with HD LIL, a 5 LNB and H20 were needed otherwise local HD games would not be seen. And I honestly think it's the same, they are just stating that to receive the number of games they state, over 110, a 5LNB and H20 are needed. The exception being those of us in NYC and LA. Just my 2 cents.

88isgreat said:
I just got the same email. Read the footnotes - need 5lnb dish and H20!! I still have the 3 lnb and the Samsung 360. Is this how they get to push out the piece if j*nk H20 on to me?

No I think that part is only required if you get your HD locals via the Spaceways. Its problably due to Blackouts that force you to watch your local affiliates. But I thought I remember reading that Blackouts were not going to be enforced with Sunday Ticket this year. Lots of debates I just dont remember seeing a conclusion.

dcwebman said:
Just to clarify, does this mean to receive the HD games that you need an MPEG4 receiver so the HD10-250 won't work?
They're not saying that today. The website still says a triple-LNB dish. There were rumors a while back that this years NFL Sunday Ticket SF would be MPEG4. That's going to be a tough pill to swallow for many if they don't have their MPEG4 HD-DVR out yet. They'd have to swap out every NFL-ST-SF subscriber with a new dish and new receivers before the start of the NFL season. I think they wanted to, but I don't see how it can still be done in time now.

-JustBob

JustBob is correct. The logistics dont point to them being able to swap everyone off existing HD receivers and dishes. So I think the status quo will exist for this year. The thing about H20's and 5 LNB are only around your HD locals if you need D* to provide. HD Tivos with OTA and Super Fan should not worry. Of course I dont have any inside info and things can change but I just dont see that happening.

The misleading part is that Superfan has (2) parts (HD games, and interactive content) and subscribers can only utilze one at a time.

The only interactive IRD remains the D10, which is not HD. Everyone who has superfan is being asked to pay for half of the package which they cannot use; except for those who argue to get it "free", which is to say the superfan subscription price is buried in this year's ST subscription increase.

Good point JPN. H20's (most recent HD receiver for folks who dont know) dont currently support interactive features of Super Fan (let alone any receiver other than D10's which only do SD). You can view the SF channels but they are just static. I am about to rant but I think anyone can see the picture that SF doesnt have much incentive to folks except for the HD.

Brewer4 said:
Good point JPN. H20's (most recent HD receiver for folks who dont know) dont currently support interactive features of Super Fan (let alone any receiver other than D10's which only do SD). You can view the SF channels but they are just static. I am about to rant but I think anyone can see the picture that SF doesnt have much incentive to folks except for the HD.

I have no interest in paying a premium for interactive features... but if HD games are bundled into a package, then I expect to have all aspects of the package available and usable. Otherwise, I'm being asked to pay for features that D* is technically unable to deliver, and that's Bullsh!t no matter how you cut it.

Lately I haven't been able to set aside blocks of time for football-viewing. Having to pay a premium for HD is hitting a raw nerve, and paying for interactive features that cannot be delivered is making that nerve more painful. I may cancel ST altogether.

JustBob said:
They're not saying that today. The website still says a triple-LNB dish. There were rumors a while back that this years NFL Sunday Ticket SF would be MPEG4. That's going to be a tough pill to swallow for many if they don't have their MPEG4 HD-DVR out yet. They'd have to swap out every NFL-ST-SF subscriber with a new dish and new receivers before the start of the NFL season. I think they wanted to, but I don't see how it can still be done in time now.

-JustBob

Hey Bob,

If you recall, I remember the same ideas coming up at this time last year, there was debate about D* making ST MPEG4 LAST year and could not get equipment out in time ..... As we all know the MPEG4 HD did not come out prior to the football season.

I think part of the ST features was being able to have games downloaded to your HD- DVR... Which STILL is not available.

Personally, give me the ST in HD and (I already pay for the HD Package) and skip the Fantasy garbage, I could care less, it just clutters up my TV screen.

I have a 60" HD and would like 60"s on my TV, not 1/3rd of it with other garbage filling it up.

also, if you pay for the HD pack, and sub to HBO you get HBO- HD.....

So why is the HD not available without an addl. charge ????

I wish D* had an answer, other than $ ........

Sorry about the rant.

Jimbo

Actually, The only requirement for getting HBO-HD is to sub to HBO (and have an HD receiver).

Retention Credit

I also got an email saying that the high def. would be $99. I called them right away and said I wanted to quit Sunday Ticket because I felt it was not fair to charge me for hi def. if I already paid for it. Needless to say, they gave me a $100.00 credit to make up for the charge.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts