NFL Sunday Ticket

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

whitewolf8214

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 13, 2004
Space
I'm a Dish Network customer and I'm thinking of switching over to Direct TV. How much is each package and the smallest package I would have to get the NFL Sunday Ticket with locals?How much is each package and if they have a everything package and what would it be for monthly compared to yearly? When it rains how is the rain fade and what size dish would you recommend?

adrian777 said:
I'm a Dish Network customer and I'm thinking of switching over to Direct TV. How much is each package and the smallest package I would have to get the NFL Sunday Ticket with locals?How much is each package and if they have a everything package and what would it be for monthly compared to yearly? When it rains how is the rain fade and what size dish would you recommend?

You have to order just total choice with or without locals. Also be aware that games shown on your local Fox and CBS station will be blacked out on the sunday ticket channels so those games will have to be watched on your local stations. If your in one of the top 12 markets you will get those games on your local Fox and CBS station via satellite in HDTV. If your not in one of those top 12 markets you will need to use your OTA antenna to get your local games in HDTV.

Also be aware that all NFL Sunday Ticket games this coming year will be broadcast in HDTV and that means all from both CBS and Fox. If ABC and ESPN do all there games in HDTV than this would be the first sports season where every regular and post season game would be broadcast in HDTV which is amazing.

Now if your going to get Sunday Ticket I would highly suggest waiting until about a month or two before the NFL season starts for these reasons.

D* will be renting at least a basic HD DVR by than and if we get lucky they might have their home media HD DVR server out than which will be a rental as well. With all that said if your going to get the Sunday Ticket pacakge they will have a great offer for ya. For example last season they had this offer.

If you ordered the NFL Sunday Ticket at 250 dollars they gave you total choice premier package free for 4 months. That package includes all premium channels so you paid about 50 dollars more for sunday ticket than what you would have paid via getting the early bird price but they gave 90 dollars off for 4 months or 360 dollars. So if you take that 360 dollar savings minus the 50 dollars extra you spent for NFL ST you still got 310 dollars off the regular price. Now because they will do all games in HDTV and have a rental box I see no reason to not wait and save money if your a new D* customer.

I don't say this very often but you will be wasting your money if you don't wait. Just stay where you are for a while longer.

Also I wouldn't worry about rain fade that much and if I'm not mistaken if you prepay one years worth of service they give you one month free. I think I did hear of one person who took advantage of the NFL offer last season and besides getting 4 months free of the premier package he also prepaid the remaining 8 months of service which still stayed at premier with HD package so he got another month free of premier and one month free of the HD package. But remember your talking about having to pay upfront all mirror fees, taxes and so forth so for my friend he ended up having to prepay a little over 1 grand which was for 8 months of service so his free month ended up being his 13th month being with them.

Thank You for the info Longhorn XP and I will wait.Does Direct TV get rain fade when you get a heavy rain and what size dish would you recommend?

adrian777 said:
Thank You for the info Longhorn XP and I will wait.Does Direct TV get rain fade when you get a heavy rain and what size dish would you recommend?

Again I would think you would be fine but I still don't know where you live. Also just so you know heavy rain wouldn't knock out your signal unless you had thick high cloud cover blocking the signal. Cloud cover is what causes customers to lose their signals. For example my house in Florida is right on the beach and besides having shutters up all the time when our hurricanes came in I had more rain than you could believe but my signal was still there because cloud cover wasn't an issue. Hell my power lines got knocked down but I do like good old backup power systems. At least I wasn't forced to leave because my house can handle well over 200Mph winds.

Now the new Spaceway type dish that you would most likely get would be much better for rain fade for current KU satellites and should be a little bit better than current sats for KA programming so with that said I wouldn't worry much about it. Now depending on where you live you might have some rain fade but overall it shouldn't be a big issue.

I live in Missouri and what size is the new spaceway dish?

Thanks again and if you hear anything let us know.

Beware NFL Sunday Ticket

Just be aware that if you live in an area the NFL has deemed a "market area" for a team that may not be local to you, their home games will be blacked out on NFL Sunday Ticket. It doesn't matter if those games are not being broadcast on any local station in your area, you will not be able to view those games at all.
DirecTV doesn't seem to be too concerned about this whenever they are confronted with this inequity. They just figure if you're stupid enough to outlay almost $250 for a few weeks of programming, you won't mind missing a few games for which you have already paid. I should know, I was burned last year after being a continuous NFL Sunday Ticket subscriber for several years.

They blacked out the first 6 games of my team last year. Be careful of that Market Area thing. Because they will black you out and they won't discount one dime of the fee that they charge you.

I just ordered the triple LNB 18inch by 20inch dish from ValueElectronics. If you haven't ordered your system yet, I got the dish above for only $19.99 more then the 1 LNB dish.

Spike said:
They blacked out the first 6 games of my team last year. Be careful of that Market Area thing. Because they will black you out and they won't discount one dime of the fee that they charge you.

Local blackout is an NFL rule, not a D* rule.

Blackouts should be strictly local to the game site. You get those games using your regular local channel, not the ST channel. The ST channels (700's for SD, 90's for HD) are blacked-out in the local area (another NFL rule).

What really sucked last year was that my local Fox station didn't go HD until mid-October. So until then I couldn't get Packer games in HD even though Fox was producing them in HD because DirecTV was blacking them out in Wisconsin. I had to watch the local SD version of the game. I didn't agree with blacking out the HD channel because I could get a local SD broadcast.

-JustBob

JustBob said:
What really sucked last year was that my local Fox station didn't go HD until mid-October. So until then I couldn't get Packer games in HD even though Fox was producing them in HD because DirecTV was blacking them out in Wisconsin. I had to watch the local SD version of the game. I didn't agree with blacking out the HD channel because I could get a local SD broadcast.

-JustBob

That happened everywhere, and it stunk.

It also affects national games shown by local affiliates. There were games shown in HD on ST channels, but local CBS/FOX channels were carried in SD only.

It really stunk when my team had a bye, and the next best game was SD-only.

DobyMax said:
Classic response when someone needs help. Good show. :no

Dude did you see all the questions he was asking about pricing?? Like me or anyone should baby a person who can look stuff up quite easily with little effort.

At the time the original post was put up here it seemed like spam to me anyway.

ANYWAY... I still think that Directv.com would have answered his questions.

Sorry my response, however accurate, was not responsible enough for you. In the future I'll strive to ensure that my posts/replys to people on this site meet with your approval for the lifetime of the particular thread.

If it pleases you, I'll go bludgen myself till I've learned my lesson.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts