NFL Sundays - Dish Network regional sports

Alright, I have one other question. The other night I tuned into Royals vs Blue Jays, I think it was on an alternate station. The game took about 30 seconds to appear and then it would play for about 10 seconds then freeze for a few mins. Kept doing this over and over again. Just wondering do you know why? I checked the dish network game finder, and that game was suppose to be blacked out in my area as well. Also, why are soo many mlb games blacked out? So we get all the pre-game and post game, but no actual game? Thanks for the help!
Let me try to give you a more definitive answer re pro sports overall and multi-sports package. You will NOT get any live pro sport on any of the regional sport networks that are part of the multi-sports package, outside of the pro sports available in your area - your signature says Detriot, Mi, so you'll get all of your Red Wings, your Pistons, your Tigers live games on your local sport networks.
NFL regular season and post-season games aren't carried by local sport networks, as previously mentioned. I subscribe to Directv multi-sport package - SportsPak - and I have noticed that some regional sports networks, like the one for DC last week, carry very few NFL preseason matches live. But the blackout still applied, I got the blackout message when I tried to catch Skins x Indy last week.
If you go to any out-of-Detroit-area regional sport network and try to watch a live pro baseball, basketball or hockey game, you will NOT get it, you'll get a message indicating game is blacked out in your area. I'll let the experts answer about the freeze/unfreeze you experienced last night but, assuming it was when you were trying to watch it on a regional sports network for the Royals, maybe the blackout message wasn't working and the freeze/unfreeze was the way to guarantee that viewers outside of KC Royals designated viewing area could not watch the game.
To cut a long story short: Multi-Sport will NOT Allow you to watch out-of-market live pro sport matches, period.

Not sure who carries the Red Wings games in Detroit, but those games will be blacked out on Center Ice and hopefully shown on your RSN.

He will get all the Red Wings games on Fox Sports Detroit unless they are nationally carried games.

Well it's mostly because of where I live but I never miss my favorite teams. Cubs, Bears, Blackhawks, and the Iowa Hawkeyes. The games are always on some channel.

Not so strange. I get 2 of FOX, CBS, ABC, & NBC, one set normally and the other via antenna from an adjacent DMA. This way I get to see more NFL games.

I wasn't sure if you were talking satellite or the antenna sub channels. Sounds like a good set up to me.

Heck I got 3 CBS & 3 Fox stations available :)

Duluth, MN locals on Dish (moved)
Minneapolis on Directv & OTA
Mankato, MN (CBS & Fox....only stations in market) on OTA

Duluth doesnt have to follow the "blackout" rule like Mpls does (If the Vikes at home nothing can be shown on opposite network) so its nice.

So if i want to watch the blue jays or minn vikings, i am pretty much screwed unless they are playing detroit or televised nationally....correct?

Also, I have a standard def dual tuner, is there anyway to mod this into a dvr?

Thanks again for all the help on this forum!

So if i want to watch the blue jays or minn vikings, i am pretty much screwed unless they are playing detroit or televised nationally....correct?

Nope, only the the HD solo receiver (VIP 211) can be converted to a DVR.

Correct. The NFL tightly controls where games are seen.
There is a site where you can look to see which games are available in your local market.
BTW, if you are a Dish customer, you will see network affliliates from ONE market. Not two.
The site is www.the506.com

All NFL regional games air on CBS or FOX. Sunday Night are on NBC. Monday night games can be seen on ESPN.
Special Thursday night games are seen on NFL Network. As are any Saturday games.
There are NO regular season or playoff games televised on the regional sports nets.

Forget it. Dish Network is no sports oriented. If you want the MLB Extra innings or NFL Sunday Ticket, switch to Directv. Period.

Hmm most games are regional. so crossing a DMA usually does not give one more games. Unless of course the adjacent DMA has it's own team. For example. Northern NJ is in the NYC DMA and Southern NJ is in the Philadelphia DMA.

Buy a TiVo Series 2 Stand-Alone receiver and you can record anything from your Dish receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts