NFL

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Until it looks like there is a season there is no need to even consider renewing this contract.
Probably true. Unless of course Charlie could use the uncertainty to bargain for a lower cost. I doubt the NFL would be interested though, they likely have higher priority issues to deal with these days.

Do you get as upset when people don't remove their hats? Are not in the stands (going to the restroom, getting concessions, buying merchandise)? And "shoved in my face"? Only if the broadcast crew shows it. So when is an appropriate time to protest?

I'm guessing you were fine when the NFL blackballed Kapernick. They're a business, they can do what they want, right? So if the business decides kneeling is OK, that's their right also.
And viewers can turn the channel and not watch

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Actually the 1st amendment has nothing to do with players kneeling. It comes down to what their employers allow.
Exactly...if the owners are ok with it...thats fine but as a fan my only recourse is a boycott

I have no problem with people kneeling and protesting. I wish they wouldn't during the Anthem but that's ok.

I never understood why Kapernick never said a word about social injustice till he was benched. The year he went to the Superbowl he had every media outlet right there. He was in commercials interviewed countless times. Not one word. Nothing. Why?? Do I believe the injustice is there yes but he had the world listening to everything he said that year. I don't get it.
Oh, you mean the freedom to protest when they want? So you're upset because people are exercising the freedom that men and women who served fought for. Got it.

ETA: And I notice you apparently don't have a problem with people not taking off their hats or buying merchandise or food. If you're so set on "respecting" our country during the national anthem, shouldn't you also be ranting against these people?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: Jimbo and osu1991
I have no problem with people kneeling and protesting. I wish they wouldn't during the Anthem but that's ok.

I never understood why Kapernick never said a word about social injustice till he was benched. The year he went to the Superbowl he had every media outlet right there. He was in commercials interviewed countless times. Not one word. Nothing. Why?? Do I believe the injustice is there yes but he had the world listening to everything he said that year. I don't get it.

It has more to do with his girlfriend than social justice

Agreed. Last year the players were finally settling down and doing their job. You saw people concentrating on playing football instead of claiming oppression at 3 million dollars/year plus signing bonuses and commercial deals. If thats the criteria I'm an oppressed white guy. Oddly, I'm OK with that as long as it isn't shoved in my face every Sunday during The National Anthem.
Nothing can be shoved in your face on a Television unless you choose to see it

Reactions: charlesrshell
The appropriate time to protest is on their time. The appropriate time to protest is not durring the national anthem. Those men an women serve and have died for yours, mine, and that idot Kapernicks freedoms. It's not about BLM. It's about showing respect for all who have sacraficed everything for their country. Kneeling durring the anthem is a complete show of disrespect.
Actually, those men and women also served and have died for the right to protest as is protected by the Constitution they swore an oath to defend. Meaning the entire Constitution.

Reactions: AZ.
Actually, those men and women also served and have died for the right to protest as is protected by the Constitution they swore an oath to defend. Meaning the entire Constitution.
Tell that to this guy. Every legal expert says his employer was in the right to fire him. Freedom speech right?

I have no problem with protesting against Police brutality ... keeping in mind that 99% of them are fine.
What I have a problem with is them associating this protest with the National Anthem.

If the players want to hold a protest, do it OUTSIDE of thier job time ...

Before or afterward in the parking lots whatever, thats fine ...
Just don't do it during thier work day ...

I can't hold a Protest when I'm at work.

I have no problem with protesting against Police brutality ... keeping in mind that 99% of them are fine.
What I have a problem with is them associating this protest with the National Anthem.

I wasn’t aware you were an NFL owner and had the ability to establish workplace rules for NFL teams.

Personally I lack that level of wealth and must be content with accepting the workplace rules set up by people like you, NFL franchise owners.

Reactions: HipKat and AZ.
I wasn’t aware you were an NFL owner and had the ability to establish workplace rules for NFL teams.

Personally I lack that level of wealth and must be content with accepting the workplace rules set up by people like you, NFL franchise owners.
What on Earth made you think that ?
I never said anything that would pertain to that at all.

Btw, if I was, you wouldn't know it.

Reactions: TRG
What on Earth made you think that ?
I never said anything that would pertain to that at all.

Btw, if I was, you wouldn't know it.

Oh that was my bad.

You see, when you said they shouldn’t do it during their work time, I had to assume you had a say in what their work policies were.

If a team owner (person signing their checks) says it is okay, your statement regarding the Team Owner’s work policy matters what?

ETA: *woah* This is in the Dish forum?

Last edited:
Reactions: HipKat
It has been a minute Lol...been Adulting job change, and all that but anyway....

dish is doing a great job of completing their goal of being sports free like they’ve always wanted to. Now I know people roast direct for the high prices but hey at least they have every sports network even accomplished getting Sportsnet LA on there. I just find it mind blowing that dish has a disagreement with every network especially sports. Not really helping your cause and it’s sad because when we canceled direct last month we were going to dish but ultimately opted for YouTube TV just because dish’s selections for sports have become bad

Tell that to this guy. Every legal expert says his employer was in the right to fire him. Freedom speech right?

Are you serious?? 1 guy takes a knee to silently protest police brutality without negatively attacking anyone. In fact, he was the one who was attacked with massive negativity.
The other guy, posts pics on Social Media of himself holding a gun, with posts that says things like " “curfew”, after threatening to “light motherf***ers up who try to f*** w/my property” in reference to looting nearby. "

There's no comparison

Reactions: AZ.

So your work rules should apply to everyone's... ok, got it. BTW, how did this go from Dish's NFL Network takedown to a discussion about protesting?

Are you serious?? 1 guy takes a knee to silently protest police brutality without negatively attacking anyone. In fact, he was the one who was attacked with massive negativity.
The other guy, posts pics on Social Media of himself holding a gun, with posts that says things like " “curfew”, after threatening to “light motherf***ers up who try to f*** w/my property” in reference to looting nearby. "

There's no comparison
The comparison is that an employer can fire people. Free speech doesn't matter there.

Of course they don't compare on what their actually doing. If the NFL said no protesting while in uniform they are within their rights.

My question is what happens if the NFL just decides not to play the Anthem at all.

Reactions: edisonprime
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)