NFLHD Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Big Dawg 23

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
Northfield, MN
So the TV gods came yesterday and brought me a Vizio VU37L(720P). I hooked is up via HDMI via HR22-100 box. I have Native on, 480i,480p,720p and 1080i checked and Stretched for non HD.

Here is my question is it me or does NFLHD look worse than all the others? I turned on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNN. NHLHD, and Local Channels with a Perfect picture HD feed. I also clicked through region sport channels and Comcast Chicago had the Hawks on with will awesome in HD. However NFLHD had the rebroadcast of Jets/Pats. The grass looked like crap. I thought it was the TV but it is not. ESPNHD has a replay of Ohio State and Illnois which looked fine. Then I went to my dvr which had Pats/Bills in HD and Georgia/Flordia in HD. All of those looked awesome.

The only difference I found is NFLHD was 1080i and all the others were 720P. Will 720P look better?

I'm in the camp that believes that sports (or any fast action or dark to light fluctuations) look better on progressive scan than interlaced. Having said that, certain broadcasters just blow at their HD broadcast. The consensus seems to be that NBC Sunday night football is the worst followed closely by the NFL network. Having that analyst azzclown next to Chris Collingsworth doesn't' make the audio any better either. I think they all look good, it just seems some networks are using better camera equipment & have the newest devices to make their respective HD experience superior. I also have native turned off because I can't stand the delayed handshake every time the receiver/TV combination tries to change the native resolution. On my favorite CRT I have everything set to 1080i (doesn't support 720p) but on my DLP everything is up-converted to 1080p which is the best. It's not near as good as blue-ray because all broadcasts are still either 720p/1080i & thus need to be up-converted but some of the VOD's are now 1080P. It will be interesting to see how they find the bandwidth to broadcast in 1080p full time.

Last night I noticed the Grass was blurring on both Dish on a 99" screen and Direct on a 73" Screen... have the game on in the livingroom on my 43" CRT and see the same...(I watched a little of the game live from Directv and didn't notice this the other night) the SNF Cowboys game had no defects from my NBC Local..

I don't think it matters which TV you use or which feed, something is just off with the NFL-HD hardware. It still looks good, just not compared to the others.
At least we don't have to deal with contract issues like TW/Comcast in some markets. These contract issues must get real messy with now some local's providers wanting a piece of the pie. That's why it's always nice to have some OTA options on the side.

I can guarantee that the picture will look horrible tomorrow night on NFL Network when the bengirls offense is on the field. :cool: But the problem will NOT be in your set.

I can guarantee that the picture will look horrible tomorrow night on NFL Network when the bengirls offense is on the field. :cool: But the problem will NOT be in your set.

Thanks for the laugh....So this tells me it isn't me or my tv. I just came for those messy cable issue and NFL Network. I signed up with Charter in 2003 and let in 2004 for Dishnetwork. But Dishnetwork didnt add many channels back then that I like such as CSTV(now CBSCollege) and NFL Network. Charter had so I dumped Dish until three weeks ago when I went to Direct. Never thought ST was ever worth it....Man was I wrong. Also being a huge Bulldogs fan it will be nice next year with ESPN Gameplan.

Let us know how the live game on Thursday night looks. Last weeks game had some problems early and then they cleared up.

Well I watched part of the Steelers and Bengals on NFLHD. Must of been the Jets/Bill game because last nice look sweet on my Vizio 37". I played with 1080i and 720p which made no difference from what I could see.

Because of work and several other goings on, I had a chance to watch my first NFL Network game of the season.

WOW! just WOW! The Audio is so much better than last season, It's "About" time.:D

I watched a Jets game a few weeks ago that ran on NFLHD and my local CW channel in New York and I think the PQ was slightly better on the CW broadcast, as the the 5.1 audio. It was pretty close in PQ though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts